• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN gun season numbers

Cooter

On KTLK Sunday night they were talking harvest with the DNR. They are projecting that it is going to be a little bit down this year everywhere except the Southeast part of the state where it is just about exactly the same as last year.

I also heard 15% down right after opening weekend, also talked to my uncle which hunts in area 249 just west of Mille Lacs and the registration place said there that numbers were down 48% from last years. He hunted religiously for the 9-stait days and said the M-F days he didn't hear one single shot M-F.

Hunt near Ray Mn and hunting was poor the whole first week. No movement, no sign of rutting and few tracks in the snow we had. If our trusted? DNR says the kill in this area is average they must be dying of fright, as there were very few gunshots.

Hunt near Ray Mn and hunting was poor the whole first week. No movement, no sign of rutting and few tracks in the snow we had. If our trusted? DNR says the kill in this area is average they must be dying of fright, as there were very few gunshots.

We hunt in the same area delta so I have a similar report. Our group of 7 ended up with 2 deer for the first week. We all had chances at taking deer but passed up taking so many does in one area.