Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WALLEYEDUDE2001

Inside out or outside in for house finishing ?

3 posts in this topic

What is the prefered method for those who have built their own house. Is it easier to finish the outside then work inside of vice versa ?

Depends on if your shelter will be "sheltered" while you build it. If you can build it in a shop, under a canopy, or otherwise keep it dry and warm, your best bet is to build from the inside out. That way, when it comes to wiring all of the outlets, lights, running gas lines, etc... you can just cut holes through the inner panneling and insulation and route it that way.

However, it sure would suck to have all of that work get ruined by rain or snow. Also makes it cold this time of year if you're outside.

I built mine from the outside in. Made it a little challenging, but I was able to run the heater while I worked.

well said HoverMN I also think its has to do with where/when will you be Building it. I built my in a heated shop in the fall so that was NICE!!

I built mine from the Inside out...so i know where the "headers" are goin to go and being able to run the wires/ ect. which "I" think is the way to go!!! thats just me but my next house will be done the same way