• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

outdoor wood stoves

pj4

bought a used heatmore wood stove. the book says its rated for 200,000 btu. im heating my house,hot tub,some heat for garage and later the pool in spring and fall.will 1" wersbo provide enought water for all this. have a 120' run to house, then plan on splitting to different zones?

I think the pumps, you are using 2 pumps? The rating of the pumps determine the flowage of water,then you have to consider the temp setting of hot water & how much is being heated in the unit itself.Its all enclosed system,when you add hot tub & pool no more enclosed system.How do you plan a return flow from pool and hot tub?

Will the house and garage be split into (depending on size)multiple zones to control heat? I belive each run has a recommended maxium length for each zone.

the pool and hot tub will be heated by way of heat exchanger. im sure i will need two or more pumps. one to house and one to circulate house and other zones.the stove has a 150 gal cap.would seam there is a formula for rate of water speed to heat exchange at defferent temps. just seams hard to believe can get 200,000 btu of heat from a 1" line of 180 degree water. house, garage, pool and tub will be seperate zones feed from single header.

Best to have a pump for each zone. 1 for the house. 2nd. for the pool heater.

3rd. for the hot water heater.

You will need 3 heat exchangers, 1 water to air. If you have a forced air furnace. 2, water to water, for the pool and water heater. Most out door boilers have two

supply lines and two return lines. You need to use all four.

1in. lines are adequate. then 3/4ID pipe in the house. Pipes running to and from

the boiler MUST be in capsulated in PVC with foam insolation. They make kits

for the job.

Worst part is putting 4 pipes in a sleeve and then a sleeve in the pipe. Boring the foundation is not much ether.

Not a job I would like to start this time of year in MN.