• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you do this before you go out on the ice..?

Jordyn Kaufer

Do you guys start your augers at your house before you go on the ice??

And do u get all hyped up like tying jigs over and over trying to find out what you wanna use?

And do you make sure your heater works and you lantern and your porty, etc...??

oh and I looked and there was almost 200 ppl on the ice forums and only 16 on open water... I think it's time we move to the top!!!

And ice will be here in a month or less!!!!!

Heck yeah, now that duck hunting is winding down I start to get my ice fishing stuff all ready. Get the heater rolling, charge up the vexilar, start the auger, pop up the yukon and see what goodies I left behind when I folded her up last year for the last time. This year I am going to get some new clip on cup holders, so I may need to sit in my shelter and have a few practice beers to make sure they work.

Went over to my buddy's house, learned how to start the auger and learned how to setup the house. After the thanksgiving sale, i'll be going over my tackle and rods one last time. Checked my lx5 yesterday as well. Now if we can get some real ice, i can stop thinking about it and get fishing!

Set up both houses. Charged the Marcum. Heater works. set up all the tip ups. Put new line on all my rods. Ran the auger. Tried to auger a hole through the concrete (bought new blades to fix that mistake). Driving my wife nuts so she is glad to see me go ice fishing to leave her alone:)

I started the heater up last night inside my shack, I had my rods out jigging while staring at all my lures... That concrete fishing is really slow... I don't have to worry about starting my auger, my Strikemaster Lazer hand auger always starts;)

I will be getting a new power Lazer at Christmas though.. The hand auger should be good for around here until then!

You are not alone!

Ryan

I have started the auger and in fact always start it before I leave each time fishing to make sure I am a go. I just cleaned the bushings on the FL 18 and will be greasing the reels this week. Cannot wait to get out if the house. My summer golf season is long gone and I need my winter time release, chasing fish through the ice!

One thing I hate as much as the guy tieing up a landing on opener with a boat that wont start is the guy who doesnt start his auger at home and then satnds by your house pulling his non running auger and cursing for a half hour. Usually at prime time.

Heck ya, I start my auger every month during the summer, I get the same reply or question from my neighbor,

"Hows the fishing over there!" I love it, the smell of that 2 stroke ready for some hardwater. 23 degrees lets make some ice. wink Just got to bolt on the auger rack on the wheeler and I'm ready C'mon.

I have organized and reorganixed my tackle several times lately. I have cuddled my brand new auuger on the couch to my wifes dismay. I have made two different retail shops let me rifle through boxes of ice tackle before they put it on display. I have practiced "air-jiggin" which is similar to air guitar. I put fresh line on all my combos (even if some didn't need it). The heater is a good idea though....i better go do that:)

I always start my auger and check my batteries before loading the truck and leaving the house. Nothing ruins a trip like non-working equipment. If you are on the ice and see someone who needs a hand, don't be afraid to help them out. My buddy from the cities calls that "Rube-ing it up" but hopefully it will come back in spades for me when ever I need a hand.