Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KTapper

Lakes around Hayward?

9 posts in this topic

I usually go to Hayward every year to snowmobile. Looking into doing some fishing while im there too. Some walleye and panfish would be nice. Any suggestions on lakes? thanks!

Best bets would probably be Grindstone and Lac Courte Oreilles (across the road from each other.) Round Lake has some good numbers but they run smaller, also has some nice perch.

Yes we stay on little round and i fished a bit there. I also want to say I fished on a lake called nelson or nielson? the water was rootbeer color, but we caught some fish.

You're right, it's Nelson Lake and that can be good too but it's over populated with large mouths now and fishing has been a little down the last few years. Still has some nice panfish if you can find them.

One more thing, if you fish Big Round, sun up and sun down are the best but there's also a bite about an hour, hour and a half after dark. Don't miss out on that.

Hey thanks for the responses im looking forward to catching some WI fish this winter

I have never done any ice fishing around the hayward/winter area. The inlaws just bought a cabin outside of winter and I was wondering if the Chip is much for ice fishing or where would one be best suited to find some walleyes and crappies. Thanks for any information.

The Chip is pannies only Dec 1-Mar 1. There are so many lakes -talk to Randy at Jenks Bait on B- he knows everything.