• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-1?

KTapper

I have the LX-1 and it's been a very good unit for me. Mine is kind of loud at times but I can work thru that. Never a problem with it and gives me everything I feel I need to be successful on the ice. Tremendous value compared to what's out there IMO.

Exactly what Dietz says. The LX-1 is a great buy. If your ok with not being able to zoom in on different depths and dont need a dual cone transducer the LX-1 is a great unit and a great price. Very good 1st flasher unit. I have nothing bad to say about them at all.

I know when my dad got one new and the first time he used it one of the knobs popped right off. Could be a freak one time thing but I don't know...Marcum was good about taking it back but after that he just kept using his fl-8. He's had that thing for 20+ years and never had a problem with it.

I wouldn't let that knob thing steer you away from macum, just telling an experience. Other than that though I haven't heard anything really bad about them.

Like Deitz said, it could very well be the best bang for your buck out there right now.

Don't get discouraged if you start seeing some interference at first. Sometimes it takes a little tweaking of the IR, positioning of the transducer and or getting away from the sonar "crowd".

I really liked the VX-1 I had. I was able to use it right next to a hole with a LX-3 and Vexilar FL8 and they played nice together.

Ive got one. I bought it 2 years ago and it works well for me, Like others have said possibly best bang for the buck. Its got a zoom feature on it so you can lock on the bottom 5-10ft. I will probably upgrade in the next year or two though to one that has a dual cone transducer

That and the LX1 is no longer available unless of course used or the like. The VX1 in it's original form is available at a few stores. But now Marcum has turned it into the VX-1P and added some more power and interference rejection.