• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many $$$$ worth of Ice fishing tackel is in your Ice box?

Agronomist_at_IA

Just jigs/lures/spoons, I'm guessing $300-400+ (them chubby darters add up in a hurry). If you add to that the portables, heaters, flashers, rod combos, etc ... your into many thousands.

If you don't have it already covered, it is a good idea to make sure your insurance covers it all.

Wow, I must be in the huge minority. I would guess that I could replace the tackle box that I ice fish with (if you even want to call the single tray a 'box') for well under $100. I pride myself in buying jigs when they're uber cheap. Clearance at the end of the year, etc. They cost me on average less than a buck, and I doubt that I have more than 50 of them in various sizes or colors. Add in some ice buster bobbers and some bobber stops, a few swedish pimples and other misc jigging spoons, and that's it.

One thing I like about ice fishing is that it's a relatively simple way to catch fish, no need to have all the latest "gadget lures".

aanderud, your last statement is sad but true. I fish with a guy that is more than content to just use a hook & slip boober. I'm sure when he sees me hauling all my gear, he thinks I'm nutz.

I guess it is my warped way of helping to boost the economy. Supports the old saying that lures catch more fisherman than fish wink

Wow, I must be in the huge minority. I would guess that I could replace the tackle box that I ice fish with (if you even want to call the single tray a 'box') for well under $100. I pride myself in buying jigs when they're uber cheap. Clearance at the end of the year, etc. They cost me on average less than a buck, and I doubt that I have more than 50 of them in various sizes or colors. Add in some ice buster bobbers and some bobber stops, a few swedish pimples and other misc jigging spoons, and that's it.

One thing I like about ice fishing is that it's a relatively simple way to catch fish, no need to have all the latest "gadget lures".

ya i might have 30 to 40 bucks in lures and bobbers... only been ice fishing for 3 years though. and im poor. several hundred in gear though, maybe $500.

WOW, that's amazing you guys have that much invested into your tackle! I probably have maybe 150 just in jigs and pimples and plastics and I thought I had a big selection of stuff. I have 3 box's worth.

If you add up everything though, voyager fish trap house, auger, ATV, vexilar, aqua view, h20c, $$$$$$$$ lots then.

Hi. My name is Dave, and I have a problem!

That's how I'll start my day at IFA (Ice Fisherman's Anonymous) when I finaly check myself in! I know I'm not the only one that goes on tackle sprees at the beginning of the year! How much ice tackle? Easily over a grand. Yes, I know. I have a problem!

Hey, at least I use nearly all of it over the course of a year. That, um, counts for something, doesn't it? blush

Tackle buying has become an addiction for me before every season open, hunting then ice fishing I spend way more money than I should but it helps pass the time that im itching to get out. Ice tackle always bites me even more since all those packages seem so small till they all get scanned at the register...

But dont count the cost of your hobby! If it makes you happy and you dont need to take out a loan then its all good

Not much for me.. I buy very few lures and have narrowed it down to the lures I use exclusively.. I gave up on Chubby Darters after the first or second one I bought when I found out how much of a gimmick they are but thats another story.. I probably have less that 100 in my box right now and I buy all my jigs for 50-69 cents a piece.. Add in the plastics and it may be a bit more since I use them exclusively..

I've probably got @ 75-100 bucks in ice tackle. Keep it pretty simple and use what's worked for me in the past. I've got my "go-to" spoons and a mix of different sized jigs both horizontal/vertical and that's about it.