• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weekend reports,11/15-11/16

Quote:
Went out today to test the new Under Armour, it worked great, fish on the other hand were not to be found.

Ditto on both points, I also broke down and decided to see if the "hype" of the UA stuff was legit. Good stuff, look funny in it getting dressed, but good stuff.

We trolled cranks today with no luck. Water temps at about 41-42.

Under Armour leggings and jeans ,top with another long john shirt with and Under Armour hoodie topped with a Gortex coat and bibs ( uninsulated guide wear) 30+ mph wind gusts low 30's air temps and other than my finger tips stayed nice and toasty. Also unisulated boots with Black Mountain socks.

And your right Chris, wife calls me Mr Spandex when getting dressed LOL But well worth what I spent on it. Happy customer here.

t-shirt and jeans, inside the house avoiding the cold works for me. at work i just wear some green arctic long johns dickies pants and shirt a sweatshirt with hood and a carhart zip up sweat jacket. i'm fine. but then i'm working. sitting still might be different. this weekend i stayed inside making stuff. too cold to fish for me. i know i'm w1mpf1sh1 in the colder months. but i stay warm grin i'd make the trek to thornes after thanksgiving though. i like big sales. smile

We got issued some shirts and pants in Iraq. Have no idea what exactly they are supposed to be other than WARM. Wore them out deer hunting last weekend and stayed nice and toastly with them on. All the troops just called them "Ninja Suits".

I fished both days and had lots of fish going all weekend.

Saturday I got a fish to eat that i've been stalking for about 2.5 months now. She's the biggest metro fish i've seen to date and she ate my bulldawg after ripping it through some weeds. After 2-3 minutes of fight, I was reaching for the net and she just opened her mouth and the now-ruined dawg fell out and she swam off. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I did, at the end of it, they are hard to catch, even if they eat your bait. I had a good hookset and hooks were sharp. She had the whole bait engulfed and never got a hook. Whatcha gonna do?

Raised her 3 times on Sunday again, she even took a BIG swipe at Croix's suick, mouth open, gills flared, but total swing and a miss on her part.

I need better gloves, otherwise the fishing has been good!

Fished the west end of Tonka Sunday morning from 730 to 1200. I had one nice high 40s fish follow in a supermodel around 900, I had her interested in a figure 8 until the boat drifted into the weed line and my presentation was reduced to a pile of weeds. 10 - 15 FOW on the weed edge.

I didnt see another boat until 11 am. It was a bittersweet day on Tonka.