• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gadwalls and Wigeon

Gadwalls and Wigeon were non-existant for us this year. Anyone else have any luck with them? We usually get them just before the mallards come down. Didn't shoot one this year. Maybe I didn't get out enough and just missed em. But wondering if anyone had any luck this year on em? Seems like the population of every species of duck was down this year in Minnesota.

Funny nuff I was just thinking that when I was waiting for the puter to run up just now. I never saw any of them either. I know that they come early but I missed them this year.

Come to think of it I did not see anything else this weekend either! 2 geese that may have came closer if we had not been out picking up the decoys. Other than that lots of swans flying over! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Up near Thief Lake and Agassiz the widgeon and gadwall's are thick usually. This year it wasn't much different, as I saw a lot of both species. Late season we don't see many, and I only managed one widgeon drake worthy of calling a good drake. Both great birds late season, very bland early...

I live in north central Missouri, closer to the Mississippi than the Missouri river, and we have so many gadwall and widgeon this year it's not even funny. 5 of us can shoot 30 gadwall just about any given day.

Let me know if you'd like to trade a hunt. smile

Rusty Jones