• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do we even think?

riverrat56

In regards to the play calling on the last two drives today?

Why not run the ball on second and 2 or third and 2 on the drive with ~3 mins left? We needed a first down, passing the ball wasn't the answer. And then get the ball back with 1:40 left and throw it deep on the first play, wow didn't see that coming..........

I can't believe this CLOWN of a coach. I am so sick of them not even having AP in at the end of the game. Did they watch the end of the packers game? Fricken IDIOTS. I am done with this until he is gone. What a waste of 3 hours.

All I can say about the last two drives was [PoorWordUsage]? I'm still scratching my head.

What happened to AP in the second half? And why the [PoorWordUsage] would they call a deep ball to Bobby Wade? I thought thats what they got Berrian for. Nothing about this team makes sense anymore. Next week we should start Pat Williams at corner, move Allen to linebacker, put Ferotte at Tackle, and give AP a week off. That should confuse the Jags and we'll walk away with a victory making the vikings the smartest team in football history.

Sorry, my rant isn't over yet. This team though talented is playing like garbage, absolute garbage. I don't blame the players I'm blaming the entire coaching staff. Every week they come right out of the gates blazing with boredom. Blah is the best way to descibe this team. We need to dump Childress and do it now!

OK I'm done for now!

Childress has got to go! After AP's performance at the end of last weeks game, where he happened to save their butts, how do you justify not playing the guy during their last possession this week?? Even AP was hot about it cause they showed him on the sidelines arguing with the running backs coach.

Originally Posted By: BID2
NOTHING AGAINST GUS?!? He sucks! The coach Sucks! What are you afraid you might hurt ferrotes feelings?

Easy there BID2. He's better than our other alternative at the moment.

So the alternative sucks too. Whats your point. This team is CARP because of the terrible QB and the Terrible Coach. This isnt the only place ive heard this "lets support Gus" stuff. Call him out. he is a terrible QB. he belongs in the unemployment line with chilly.

We need ice on our lakes real bad. First game I watched since weak 4 when I swore I wouldnt watch another game untill Childress is gone. I guese I needed an afirmation today to make my decision the right one.

Why does Childress play into blitzes and not adjust? Oh thats right he sucks!

all i have to say about our playcalling is that we better get new coachs.

WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNINGBACK IN THE FLIPPEN LEAGUE, AND ITS 4-1 AND WE ARE GOING TO PASS

WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE GAME, AND THE GAME IS ON THE LINE LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER, SO WE HAVE CHESTER IN INSTEAD.

WE HAVE SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE BETTER TALENT TO RETURN THE BALL

WE NEED TO COACHES THAT ARE SMARTER THEN A 5TH GRADER.

all i have to say about our playcalling is that we better get new coachs.

WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNINGBACK IN THE FLIPPEN LEAGUE, AND ITS 4-1 AND WE ARE GOING TO PASS

WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE GAME, AND THE GAME IS ON THE LINE LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER, SO WE HAVE CHESTER IN INSTEAD.

WE HAVE SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE BETTER TALENT TO RETURN THE BALL

WE NEED TO COACHES THAT ARE SMARTER THEN A 5TH GRADER.

YES! and A QB!

i dont like the 2nd and 2 call either, but it is the "football" call. since you should theoretically be able to pound two on third down 2nd and 2 is often the perfect time for a longer pass.

4th and 1 was a joke, first of all you dont drop back against a blitzing team on 4th and 1. second of all you don't throw it to a running back who catches a lot like troy williamson. the best rb in the league, but he has stone hands

also tjack sucks, but Gus is not going to get any better. we aren't making the playoffs with our remaining schedule. Tjack needs to play because he could potentially improve. I don't like him, but you have to see if upside develops because gus has reached his upside and its not so good

I don't agree Crappies, Tjack should be out of the league, he will never be anything. Coaching didn't just suck on the last two plays, look at the end of the second quarter. We are up, why can you never play for another touchdown. He has no clue what he is doing and is always out coached. Even when we win he is out coached but I guess the sun will shine on a dog's butt now and then too.

Quote:
4th and 1 was a joke, first of all you dont drop back against a blitzing team on 4th and 1. second of all you don't throw it to a running back who catches a lot like troy williamson. the best rb in the league, but he has stone hands

I didn't like the play call either, but it's hard to catch the ball when the d-back has a hold of one of your arms before the ball gets there.

Gus is what Gus is!! A backup QB. We dont have a Starter. All I can say is the Ravens,Tampa,and the Redskins all won the big one without a good QB. Gus has keeped us in every game he has started so far! Jackson is a run and gun QB. They dont last long in this league anymore.

After reading all these comments, I almost thought I was in the Bear Bashing thread! I think we are all in the middle of a mediocre division and there will be one winner (league says we have to let one of them win, LOL) but whoever takes this division will be "one and done" in the playoffs. Pack does not do much for me, Vikes don't seem to be pleasing the MN fans and I can assure you the Bears ain't cutting it here in the Windy! This could be one of the more amusing finishes in football history, could we have a winner of the division with a losing record?

Windy

How about our pathetic right tackle? How many times did his man walk by him and mess up a play or get a sack?

Our O line hasnt been good this year in my opinion. Not consistant at all.

With Guss at QB we need protection wich he isnt getting. He isnt the "answer" but he is the best we have now. Send Tjunk away and get a "starter" from someone or the draft.

Oh and give the ball to Peterson. grin