Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evinrude19

genz sticks?

17 posts in this topic

did they stop making the genz sticks because i have looked everywhere and i cant find them. Did the new rip city series take it place cause they look very similar.

thanks

zach

Nature Vision Made the Genz sticks. Mr. Genz decided to go out on his own and make his own line of rods. I do believe they will come out this year. Nature Vision has released a very nice line of rods called Rip City! From what I have seen, a very good rod for the money!

I urge you to check out the Cabelas XML combos if you are looking for a good setup Zach. My favorite rod and reel combo by far and they are on sale on their HSOforum for $24.99.

I as well haven't seen the Genz sticks but I haven't ever been very impressed with his reels. He does make some high quality rods though.

Ryan

ok then i think i might give the rip city and XML a shot this season

thanks!

Don't forget to look into a Jason Mitchell combo.I don't have any but haven't heard nothing but good about them.I use TB's but they are a little spendy. grin

any suggestions for a light combo for perch/sunnies? something around $20-30 i can pick up at fleet farm?

The genz rods are very nice but the reels coming with those combos were not that impressive especially the drag on them...check out the above mentioned Davis also the frabil panfish poper is a nice light rod for panfish and has a built in spring bobber for when you need it

those panfish poppers are utter [PoorWordUsage] for outdoor fishing. they may be fine for inside a shack though. the spring freezes up very fast. I strongly suggest the spring rods by st. croix, and mitchell Just released some I believe.

you can find genz sticks on e b a y for a pretty good prices, but i do agree that the reels and not my favorite

The Jason Mitchell Elite rods may serve you well too. Well worth a look. Super quality at a fair price.

FYI: Not many of the Genz stixs line still floating around, they went clearance late last year in March.

i did some reasearch and i decided on probally geting a UL st.croix combo

are they any good i know st croix has good open water rods but never used them in winter

thanks

zach

If you get a St. Criox Premier ice rod combo, make sure you check it over very carefully. Line guides are often misaligned, and some reels seem smoother than others. I have not personally used any yet, but picked up a couple on clearance last year to use as spares. I don't think these are made in the US, and not on par with the quality of their higher end open water rods. I think they are imported.

Gander rod combos may also be worth checking out if you are trying to find a less expensive setup.

If you're not gona get the legend ice rods, by pass the premiers and get gander mountains.

What the two people above me said is right on;) I sold mine to a friend cuz i didn't like it and I saw many that have misaligned guides. Definately nothing like their superb open water rods..

Ryan

HAHA thats a nice thing to sell to a freind haha but I have heard many mixed things about the st croix ice rods as well. I think im gonna pick up a new mitchel combo and give them a try

HAHA thats a nice thing to sell to a freind haha but I have heard many mixed things about the st croix ice rods as well. I think im gonna pick up a new mitchel combo and give them a try

He is obsessed with their rods so i gave it to him for 10 bucks. (hes messed up in the head btw) lol jk.. You will probably meet him if we meet up with your school to do some ice fishin Zach..

Ryan

o ok lol maybe i could sell him my st croix if i dont like it smile lol jk