• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats with know one selling Marcum flashers?

JSK76

I know Nature vission bought them out but are they not going to make flashers? I looked at Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander,Reeds L&M and know one has lx-3tc or Lx-5 for sale online and the pro store, here is sold out. I did see a few places with a lx-1. I'm not looking to buy one I already have a lx-3 and have been eyeing up the ICE-55 for a second flasher. But my thoughts are I can see me buying one and then next year Marcum coming out with something even better.

The LX-5, LX-3, and VX-1P are all current models that Marcum (owned by Nature Vision) is selling this year. All of those models have had some updates or changes to them this year, more power, etc. I have all the Marcum Flashers with updated specs and descriptions on my site, you can check them out there if you want.

iknow at scheels in mankato the manager said they will no longer sell marcum he said that they are not in the picture it is between hummingbird and vexilar they just did not sell very well compared to vex the last few years

I've been looking into a new flasher and I think PerchJerker is on top of it.You can find old style and new style both out there.Depends on what you're after.I know this,when I make up my mind I'll use his site.Can't beat the service.

The reason we are getting for slow shipment is on back order. So the Marcum units will be on the shelf soon where they are not already in stock.

Lots of stores get stocked at one time so the first shipments often are in mid to late November of new "09" products.

The LX-5 is a staple in the industry.. I have been using one since they first come out and to this day run them in my guide service.. If you run an LX-3 then I would use that one as a back up and purchase the LX-5 as my primary unit.. I love the ability to really see everything going on down below and the LX-5 allows that with the 2,500 watts of peak-to-peak power..

Beef

P.S. I would guess that you will start seeing flashers and cameras in all the stores in the next week or two.. I think most stores are changing over from deer hunting to hard water..

I realy like Marcum products I have the lx-3 lx-i and the vs 500 and have been very happy with them. But I realy like the the lcd read out of depth over the overlay style. It might not seem like a big deal but last year I fish a day 2' of bottom when I ment to be 1' because I was in the 40' range and forgot to divide my depth in 1/2.

I was looking on that auction site at a Marcum VS 460 and an astericks at the bottom said "Marcum sold out to another company and there are no longer parts to fix these cameras or any warranty. "

What's with that? I have a VX1 and just bought the LX3. The LX3 doesn't have the true color update, will I be able to update the unit at some time?

I was looking on that auction site at a Marcum VS 460 and an astericks at the bottom said "Marcum sold out to another company and there are no longer parts to fix these cameras or any warranty. "

What's with that? I have a VX1 and just bought the LX3. The LX3 doesn't have the true color update, will I be able to update the unit at some time?

They are now owned by Nature Vision and I am sure they will Honor all warranty claims and will provide parts but you will have to contact them about getting the TC upgrade. Here is there contact info.

Marcum Customer Support Center

Repairs and Returns

Is your product in need of a repair? In order to complete your repair as quickly as we can please call us at 866-777-0733 or send an e-mail to us at [email protected] with your name, address, and phone number plus, tell us what the problem with your unit is. We will send you a Repair Authorization number. Please follow this procedure:

Please send your unit to: Marcum Technologies Attn Service center, Nature Vision Service, 1480 N. Pacific Road, Brainerd, MN 56401

Place the product in the original box if possible. Write the return authorization number on the outside of the box. Surround the product in newspaper or suitable packing material. Print or write your name, address, phone number and e-mail address and write down the problem with the unit onto a piece of paper and place it in the box. Seal the box with packing tape. Mail or UPS the box to us. You may want to insure the contents. If your product is not under warranty we will contact you with an estimate of repair charges. If you need to know the status of a repair please send an e-mail to [email protected]. We will respond with the status of your repair within 24 hours of your request. Or if you have not had your unit returned in due time call 866-777-0733

And that won't spook the fish? It sounds like it's loud enough to do that.

If you have a friend that has a flasher or if you have another compare the noise levels to see if they are close. I was at Gander and the new Hummingbirds make the clicking noise just like all the rest. I think that because it is a steady noise and not a sharp noise is the reason the fish are not bothered by the clicking.

I was in Fargo yesterday and stopped into Scheel's, Gander Mountain, Sportsman Warehouse, and Fleet Farm and was suprised to only find the LX-1 on the their shelves. Sportsman did not have any Marcum products that I could find and the only LX-3 that I could find was at Scheel's on the bottom shelf in a box.