• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What was this beaver thinking?

Sorry I don't have a pic as after 2 ruined cameras due to water I no longer carry on the line.

I caught a beaver by the back foot in a pocket set for mink baited with fish. What is odd is my trap was about 10" inside the pocket as I was expecting ice. Now after I've caught about 1500 mink over the yrs an prolly 40 beaver in mink sets this one I don't understand.

My pocket opening is only 4". It's just like the thing stuck it's back leg right in the pocket. I just don't know why does anyone else?

Griz, too bad about the ruined cameras. I suggest you get a cheap disposible (non-digital) to carry in a ziplock bag. I don't carry my digital due to the water issue. At the end of the season, I process the disposible and find some great pics I am glad I didn't miss. Walmart will create digital copies so you can share on the forums.

I trapped when I was in high school and would love to see pic of your sets and successes.

just a side note:

look at an olympus stylus 770 sw camera.

shock proof, waterproof and stainless. can even take underwater pics.

made for those of us rough on the stuff!!

i would have loved to seen that

i'd second what A-bomb says, I have one as well. Taken it scuba diving in the Mississippi and St. Croix, on trips to Canada, even working in the roughest conditions. Strong, waterproof and takes great pics

Just a couple of guesses here...But maybe the beaver got one foot hooked up on the chain/wire and accidently pulled the trap out of the pocket and stepped in it as he moved along?

Maybe a coon pulled the trap out of the hole and the hapless beaver paid for it?