• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lindy Rattl'n Flyer Spoon

With the water temps dropping rapidly in the past few days, the presentation has turned to a slower and more vertical one. I thought it might be a perfect time to try out the new Rattl'n Flyer Spoon by Lindy.

The Rattl'n Flyer Spoon is a lethal break-through jigging spoon hybrid! This new spooner's delight adds Lindy's traditional Flyer's long-proven gliding design to the popular vertical jigging spoon concept—with six fantastic color choices and an extra-loud attention-grabbing brass rattle.

Non-lead alloy construction gives the Rattl'n Flyer Spoon perfect weight balance. It's light enough to shimmer, dance, dart, or fly; yet heavy enough for the "feel" and downward momentum skilled spooners prefer. No need to use a swivel as this spoon does not spin on the "drop"! This active lure is a free spirit that still obeys rod-tip commands!

All sizes and colors feature Bleeding Bait round-bend red treble hooks, holographic/foil finish with lifelike preyfish scale pattern, and irresistible Techni-Glo eyes!

42076191b7.jpg

Best of all, the fish like em! grin

IMG_0478.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We put them to a serious test up on Devils Lake in March of this year while fishing with Jason Mitchell and a large crew from around the region.

In a group of 11 we all easily caught at least one limit of walleye and pike, likely several limits as it was on a roll and we C&R a lot of fish. Heck I did 37 pike by noon on one day and 9 walleye myself, many more that afternoon and the fallowing day.

I kept 2 Jason Mitchell Elite Series rods rigged and ready, one with a Salmo Chubby Darter, and the other a Rattl'n Flyer Spoon. If they snubbed one, the other got them to go.

I'll be keeping a few handy this season you can count on that.

The Lindy Rattl'n Flyer is an awesome spoon! The 1/16th they came out with this year will be a killer for jumbo perch and the more tentative eyes!

Also, watch for the Original Viking spoons coming out soon by Lindy as well. I got a few in from Lindy and they have a pretty cool action as well. They are mainly billed for open water casting, trolling and vertical jigging, but I am confident that they will find a place in my ice tackle box as well.

The Lindy Rattl'n Flyer is an awesome spoon! The 1/16th they came out with this year will be a killer for jumbo perch and the more tentative eyes!

I can't wait to try them out for some of those legendary 3 lbers over in the U.P. later this year!

Yep! Don't count them out for smaller pannies either. I used them tipped with 2 waxies last weekend for gills... Caught about a dozen gills in a pretty short time, largest pushing 10 inches. they might seem like a large spoon for panfishing, but put them to the test and you will become a believer. Don't take my word for it... try it yourself.

The Rattl'n Flyer, hands down, does damage for on ice duty!!

Have fished them since their proto-type stage,and have caught lots o fish on these bad boys..

The new 1/16 ounce, like Dave said, is killer on 'gills and crappies. They love the flash of the holographic color. If times get tough, run a smaller chain dropper of the spoon and tack on one or two euro.

Glad to see Lindy on board here. Great products for both ice and open water presentations.

Is there a better/best way to fish them?

Here is what I prefer:

Hard Jig... Pause and wait for the spoon to settle direct center (lure will flutter out to about 3 feet from center of the hole). Lite finesse jigging for about 5 seconds... pause again. If I mark anything, I will pull up slowely to begin the chase by raising the lure up. I will add some finesse jigging a bit while raising as well. I will repeat the hard jig, pause, 5 second finesse jigging, pause, about 3 cycles of this. If nothing is marked, I will move on to the next hole.

I will also add... the above technique is what I start with... You really need to watch your electronics and let the FISH decide what presentation they are looking for. If fish scatter after the pause... you may want to continue the finesse jigging. You have to pay close attention to what is attracting those fish in.