• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Record Book Antlers?

Rippinlip

Looking at all this antler growth out there and from reading on here, there seems to be alot used.

Do you think they will have to start putting asterisk by the deer in the record books that are eating over food plots, if that could be determined?

Seems to me we are growing alot of "steriod" antlers, is this going to cause a overwhelmig amount of deer going into the record books? How may it affect the min's in the Pope & Young and the Boone & Crockett books?

Just curious?

What about Texas where the feed them directly out of feeders?

Better put the asterik next to the guys name that hunts next to a corn field too. The corn those deer eat isnt any different in nutrition than the corn I plant for food plots. It will grow the same sized deer.

Providing deer with the opportunity to get at the minerals they need to grow big and healthy is a FAR shot from "steroid" antlers!

Setting fruits and vegetables in front of your children and saying "eat this, its good for you", is A LOT different than putting a needle in their arm!

Once you hear iof deer in the book that were injected with a growth hormone.... then yes.... we have a problem!

yeah, deer in other states shot over apple and grain piles.

the recent boom in antler growth also has a lot to do with mild winters. deer don't have to eat just to rebound from a drastic winter, as they are still eating healthy in the dead of winter

Its like Barry Bonds and steriods, he never tested positive for roids, you hav to prove it, you have to prove some of these deer were shot over bait or food plots, some record deer in mn could have been shot over bait where in texas some record deer might not have been shot over bait where it is legal. I dont think you can throw things out there without knowing facts.

if you are refering to me throwing things out there without knowing the facts, i think you are taking what i said out of context. my point was so what if people shoot deer over a food plot. in NoDak, Wis, and Iowa, you can bait. although it is more or less called a feed site, not bait pile. I personally think we should be able to bait.