Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
merkman

New BRU-ELL's????

Bruce and Hellen Wakefield made the original Bru-ell decoys and both have passed on. The ones you saw are likely knock-offs of the originals. I think I have seen a few of the ones you are talking about. They are similar with a few small differences, most noteably they are not signed by the Wakefields like many of the originals are.

They should work well enough. Many of the original Bru-ell decoys seem to be weighted to swim very fast when you pull on the line, which can work fine some days. A few guys work the Bru-ells by simply spinning the line and then letting it unwind, turning the decoy slower and slower until it stops. Then they may let it sit for 30 min or so before starting the process over. They really are cool looking classic MN spearing decoys.

Merk,

If you don't mind me asking what store did you see these in?

It was some bait store off Hwy 65 in Fridley.

Best I can figure (from the rumor mill of course) Lori Dretch is remaking them.

I stopped at a bait store just off of hwy 169 yesterday north of milca, princebait and they have about the best selection of spearing decoys I have erver seen. every thing from a frog to a 22inch red and white pike and about 8-10 differnt carvers

Hey just thought I would mention that I recently heard from one of the bait shops that sells these new bru-ells that they are either second or third generation decoys made to the exact specifications of the originals made by Bruce and Helen Wakefield. They are being made by a member of the family...A grandson I believe they said. Before that some were being made by one of their son's.

Hey just thought I would mention that I recently heard from one of the bait shops that sells these new bru-ells that they are either second or third generation decoys made to the exact specifications of the originals made by Bruce and Helen Wakefield. They are being made by a member of the family...A grandson I believe they said. Before that some were being made by one of their son's.

That is good news anyway, if that was a rumor that Lori Dretch is making them then I apologize for spreading it.

As with all hand made decoys, I wish they would sign them though.

The new Bru-ell decoys are a 3rd gen. They are not knock offs, my dad who is the 3rd gen, started maken them early last year. Hope you guys enjoy! Oh, and my great grandparents only signed a limited amount of their decoys.

bru-ell,

Can you email me about how to get a hold of a couple of these decoys? I use the big red/white decoy that is approx 13". This is all I use and I would like to get a back-up. Thank you.

Dan

does anybody know bru-ell gen 4? or does anybody know where I can find these decoys. I have gotten a few leads on where to go but no success when I show up to the store. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I got a big Bruell at Joe's in St. Paul about a month ago and a small one, along with an Amish spear and a spud bar, at a Fleet Supply store in Long Prairie. I also saw the small decoys at L&M Fleet in Park Rapids a couple wks ago.

feeling any better Huey?

Thinking about my new toys... I mean ...equipment makes me feel better. smile

I am starting to get better. Thanks for asking. Hopefully, I'll be in good shape for Xmas and will get back on the ice after that.

I've only been out once this year, 8 days ago, and got 1 pike.

does anybody know bru-ell gen 4? or does anybody know where I can find these decoys. I have gotten a few leads on where to go but no success when I show up to the store. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Vados had them.

I think Stop light had a couple too.

There are a few on the on-line auction sites.

Buy it now $23 + $6.50 shipping.

I think they are cheaper in the bait stores.

Thanks for the input guys. The search continues. I've been to a number of bait stores in the Maple Lake / Buffalo / St Michael area with no luck yet (gonna keep trying though). I'm going to try to check out Joe's in St. Paul once too. I've been keeping my eye on the auction sites too. I'm looking for the bigger red/white decoy that is about 13 inches long. All of the decoys on the auction site are about 7.5" and not the color scheme I'm looking for. The last one I saw that was red/white and 13 inches was at Scheels in St. Cloud 3 or 4 years ago. They don't appear to carry them anymore.

there was a red/white one and I think it was a bru-ell"s at the bait store on clearwater I saw it when we were at the GTG when I took the son for a potty break and I'm sure it was 12-13 inches long I can also check at the local bait store here Jeff loves to spear and he might know where one could be found.