• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New BRU-ELL's????

merkman

Bruce and Hellen Wakefield made the original Bru-ell decoys and both have passed on. The ones you saw are likely knock-offs of the originals. I think I have seen a few of the ones you are talking about. They are similar with a few small differences, most noteably they are not signed by the Wakefields like many of the originals are.

They should work well enough. Many of the original Bru-ell decoys seem to be weighted to swim very fast when you pull on the line, which can work fine some days. A few guys work the Bru-ells by simply spinning the line and then letting it unwind, turning the decoy slower and slower until it stops. Then they may let it sit for 30 min or so before starting the process over. They really are cool looking classic MN spearing decoys.

I stopped at a bait store just off of hwy 169 yesterday north of milca, princebait and they have about the best selection of spearing decoys I have erver seen. every thing from a frog to a 22inch red and white pike and about 8-10 differnt carvers

Hey just thought I would mention that I recently heard from one of the bait shops that sells these new bru-ells that they are either second or third generation decoys made to the exact specifications of the originals made by Bruce and Helen Wakefield. They are being made by a member of the family...A grandson I believe they said. Before that some were being made by one of their son's.

Hey just thought I would mention that I recently heard from one of the bait shops that sells these new bru-ells that they are either second or third generation decoys made to the exact specifications of the originals made by Bruce and Helen Wakefield. They are being made by a member of the family...A grandson I believe they said. Before that some were being made by one of their son's.

That is good news anyway, if that was a rumor that Lori Dretch is making them then I apologize for spreading it.

As with all hand made decoys, I wish they would sign them though.

I got a big Bruell at Joe's in St. Paul about a month ago and a small one, along with an Amish spear and a spud bar, at a Fleet Supply store in Long Prairie. I also saw the small decoys at L&M Fleet in Park Rapids a couple wks ago.

feeling any better Huey?

Thinking about my new toys... I mean ...equipment makes me feel better. smile

I am starting to get better. Thanks for asking. Hopefully, I'll be in good shape for Xmas and will get back on the ice after that.

I've only been out once this year, 8 days ago, and got 1 pike.

does anybody know bru-ell gen 4? or does anybody know where I can find these decoys. I have gotten a few leads on where to go but no success when I show up to the store. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Vados had them.

I think Stop light had a couple too.

There are a few on the on-line auction sites.

Buy it now $23 + $6.50 shipping.

I think they are cheaper in the bait stores.

Thanks for the input guys. The search continues. I've been to a number of bait stores in the Maple Lake / Buffalo / St Michael area with no luck yet (gonna keep trying though). I'm going to try to check out Joe's in St. Paul once too. I've been keeping my eye on the auction sites too. I'm looking for the bigger red/white decoy that is about 13 inches long. All of the decoys on the auction site are about 7.5" and not the color scheme I'm looking for. The last one I saw that was red/white and 13 inches was at Scheels in St. Cloud 3 or 4 years ago. They don't appear to carry them anymore.

there was a red/white one and I think it was a bru-ell"s at the bait store on clearwater I saw it when we were at the GTG when I took the son for a potty break and I'm sure it was 12-13 inches long I can also check at the local bait store here Jeff loves to spear and he might know where one could be found.