• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake waconia ski's

iceman1212

I was out there twice, boated two fish the first time and caught 1 the second. Saw a bunch more too, many had tissue hanging out like they'd been caught very recently. Saw a couple big one's, the one's I got were low to mid 40's fish. IDK, seemed like a neat lake, lots to do there.

My buddy boated 50-60 on Waconia this year and easily double that on Tonka. Dude is the best muskie fisherman I have ever met. He lives right down the street from In-Towne Marina so it makes it a little easier for him to get out there. The fish are definitely in the lake, you just have to know how to get em to bite. Lots of fish came on the 8 from both Waco and Tonka so being absolutely sure your 8 is working is very important.

That's a pretty big statement. If any individual muskie fisherman reaches numbers like that, it is very FEW. I know a guy that boated 120 last year and he fishes everyday, in fact it is his job. A statement like this needs more credibility for me to believe.

polarsusd81-If the guy likes "mail" wink I know who you are talking about. The guy can put fish in the boat. Did you see the picture of the one his client got on Tonka about 6-7 weeks ago?!? Wow! I know 50"+ fish are in Tonka but that one looked like it came out of Mil Lacs! I think it was 54"?

Nice fish, musky fishing is so different today then it was 10 years ago, I started in 1988 and years ago I could pattern the fish better, now, I primarily fish 2 lakes and unless the wind is 50 mph each good spot on each lake gets hammered morning and night and many times inbetween. I equate it to deer hunting, used to be the only stand in the swamp, now I compete with 16 other hunters, same with muskies, now it's 10-20 boats on a lake that has 5 good spots instead of 1 or 2 and weekends are packed and people think oh weekdays will be better well it's almost as busy because they are all muskie rigs. Muskie guides really crush those 2 lakes and by the time we get off work, they've drilled all the spots thoroughly then we get there and here come your lazy follows, the guides get bit by the active fish, but that's the way it is and that's the way it will be from now on. Good Luck in the last 2 weeks all !

Waconia has some good long fish in it. Just no TANKS like you will find in Mil Lacs or the other bigger lakes up North. I have seen a 56" on Waconia a few years ago (picture). I have yet to have a 50" follow out there. The lake is getting about as bad as Tonka in the summer time. Mornings and late afternoon are your best bet to enjoy fishing on Waconia unless your fishing from a ski boat or jet ski wink Or maybe you can try fishing for a jet ski!!! That might be fun. lol