Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

dude grab your pole

10 posts in this topic

how many times fartin around into something else, and your pole goes nuts. more than once it was somebody else catching my fish, but hey all part of the fun of it. but it still irritates me that I was not the one that got the fish.

I had a friend whos line got crossed with mine while pulling up a crappie. I am trying to untie the lines and he( knowing that his line is in my hands) tries to set the hook on the fish he felt tugging on his line..I now have no problems with snaking his line if he isnt paying attention..more for me to catch.

Seems that while trolling with my pole in a rod holder,my cell phone likes to ring.Just about every time i get a pole bender on.Gotta go...click. Girl friend probaly thinks i dislike talking to her...and alot of the time the fish has gotten off.

Quote:
Seems that while trolling with my pole in a rod holder,my cell phone likes to ring

That is why cell phones have an off button wink

dan if i tried that id get shot! It's usually me catching a budies fish because i'm always paying attention.

OR- everytime you have a knot or tangle in your line your messing with, the line in the other hole gets a bite. Everytime, never fails.

every time my wife calls, as soon as I answer, I get a hit. Frustrating, but I do get fish.

every time my wife calls, as soon as I answer, I get a hit. Frustrating, but I do get fish.

That's why my cell phone would always end up in the bottom of the lake. Accidentally of course wink

Wifey stopped calling for the most part now.

That use to irritate me alot too when my wife calls when I am fishing so I finally did something smart. I purchase a blue tooth ear piece so now when she calls all I have to do is hit the button on my ear and I am hands free to talk to her. I don't have to reach for my phone or keep one of my hands occupied by holding the phone to my ear, I can talk and catch fish at the same time without missing a beat.

How about this one guys.

Me and my brother were fishing for northern's in about 6 feet of water in a eddy off the river, and he left the house for a second to go out side and as soon as he left his pole went down the hole! He came back and I told him what happened and he didn't believe me, and then about 2 minutes later I was getting a bite and I set the hook and brought up a snot rocket with another piece of line in its mouth? I was his jig so I pulled up the line and His pole came up my hole.

That was a weird day.