• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm in the Fargo Forum

Fish Toys

BnS do you have your Icesaw ready? Bolts tight on the handle? Rivet tightened up? Did you put some WD-40 or something like it when you were done last season? You should try to make a short movie clip of you using it and put it on youtube.

Be very careful on the first ice!

Congrats Fish!!!!

Good read!

"Benbo said the 42-inchers can cut a 2½-by-4-foot hole through 10 inches of ice and have the chunk out of the hole and on the surface in 2½ minutes."

I am sure the saw is capable.... But not with me pushing it!! grin

A few years ago we made an advertising video. We timed it from the first chip till the block was on top of the ice. Measured 10”. I had a pair of large ice tongs so it was easy to pull out and the hole was cut right so it didn’t wedge in and popped right out. The guy cutting the hole was really cutting for the video and usually doesn’t normally cut that fast. The bad part about it is that summer my master video got ruined. That’s why I think BnS should make a video for me. I have some more someplace but have no idea where they are. My younger brother that passed away took care of the camcorder and I don’t know where any of that stuff is.

The original would have been perfect for utube.

Fish Toys: Great article. Buddy of mine saw your saws at Gander Mountain in Lakeville yesterday. I'm gettin' really antcy to see some ice get made. I'll be in Winger next weekend to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with mom and dad. I'll try to stop over. I need a new pin for my saw. To your earlier post about the video, I'll be up in Winger for nearly a week around Christmas. Hoping to get some spearing in. You find someone with a video camera and I'd be happy to do a demonstration. I have a few ideas on how we can make it pretty interesting for YouTube. I don't think there is anyone who has cut as many holes with one of those saws as I have during the last two seasons. I became addicted to winter sight fishing on the lakes in the perham area and there's no better tool to feed that addiction than something that can cut an oversized hole.

-rb

Yea you’ll have to see the folks. I think I have extra smirk pins? The videos’ Les and I made are someplace. The best one got ruined from the heat in the pickup. I don’t know of a digital camera. The one I have is 8mm I think. Battery is shot. I also think there is some video of Les racing. Gander must have had some carry over’s from last season. They are supposed to order directly from me.

I tried chisel plowing this morning but it wasn’t froze enough to carry the tractor. Going to try it again in the morning. Only about 150 acres left. Chiseled a lot when I went 34 hours straight and then the wind came up and warmed up and thawed the ground out so it was mud and water again. Keep forgetting cry the camera in the pickup for pictures of the ruts and water I’m going thru.

Gotta go make more Icesaws to ship on Monday.

You better get a wallhanger with the best spear made!

wink

BnS the message was for my nephew being I gave him one of my original spears I made. Yea getting a wallhanger is great but the excitement of just watching the action in the hole is enough to get the adrenaline pumping.

FISH !!! Where the world have you been! figured runnin' that big JD nite and day you might have put her in the bottom of the Sandhill River crazy then you show up on the front page of the ' Green Sheets ' ( even though they aren't green anymore ), look pretty good for a guy that hasn't slept in a month or so grintired

Good article, hope you have enough saws banked up for the big push.

Deer season is over, time to pull the fish houses out and get them tunned up for ice season, probably drop a house out on Union again this year, last year was the first time in a LONNNNGGGGGG time spearing out there, didn't realize how much I missed it.

Hey Ryan, see ya made it down south again, see ya around when you get back up this way.

Later

Mike

Yea MN MIKE it’s been a tough fall. How was Bambi hunting with the wind and mud and acres of corn? I heard Caleb bagged a nice buck.

I must be getting older because after combining in the mud & water I was shot every day. About the only time I could chisel plow was when the ground was frozen enough to carry the tractor. I think I only put in 1 34hr shift before it warmed up and it turned slop and mud again.

Yea you have to be carful with the JD when you’re turning because most of the time it goes where it wants to and not where you are supposed to go. Driving the Deere was more stressful than the combine being the combine would go where I wanted to go. Rode with Vance K in the quad and with auto steer it varied 1” and turned when he wanted to turn. Should have never ridden with him to see how nice he had it.

Maybe I’ll have to borrow the house on Union one day or two?

Rick and I have been working on a price increase for www.icesaws.com being everything went up and shipping has gone nuts. It won’t take affect till Dec 1st once we have it set.

Stop in one day or are you too busy with the puters?

I'll stop on in one day soon here, I've been scrambling to catch back up after a 13 day Elk / Mule Deer hunting trip in Colorado. Going to go knock on Verns' door and see what his latest creation in decoys is, he told me here a few weeks ago, gotta go see if he has it working, he's enjoying retirement thats for sure.

Mike

Fish: 34 hours - you must be getting weak! I bet the cold this week is shutting everything down. I figure I'll be fishing the Saturday after Thanksgiving when I'm up in Perham. Are you making spears again this year? If you haven't seen pics of Caleb's buck, it looks like a dandy.

MN Mike: Yeah, I'll be up in the area this weekend. Will be a quick stop on Saturday. Hope the hunt went well.