• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got one this morning!!

Powerstroke

Each tenderloin (backstrap) weighed 3.5lbs on the same scale I use for weighing out my burger and sausage mixtures.

I think the tech's name was Brian. He didn't introduce himself but I saw him sign the sheet.

Blood trail pics....She only went 15-20 yds. I have a pic where she stopped after 10yds, sprayed a little and then tried to run again and crashed down. Not much of a trail to follow but you gotta love when they go down in sight of your stand.

Nice work Andy! A doe with a bow is as much of rush as most any deer!

On the loins, Sticknstring is just pointing out that the tenderloins are the smaller strips you cut from the inside of the deer. Your backstraps are loins, like a pork loin, but are more like prime rib of beef. MMMMM!!!!!

They're great no matter what you call em though!

actually, i do believe you have the tenderloins, exposed when you field dress the deer, and then loins, aka backstraps. many people call loins backstraps, which is what they are commonly referred too, but i think loin is the proper term. correct me if i'm wrong