• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Blaze King wood stove experts out there?

RoadRunner

Question

I bought a used Blaze King wood stove for my shop, and can't get it to maintain a fire. This is a Catalytic stove, but the catalytic combustor is not in the stove and I was told that I don't need it to operate the stove.

There is a damper lever on the rear right side of the stove that I can open, but whenever I close the front loading door it pushes a bar and forces the damper closed, smothering the fire.

There is also a thermostat dial on the back of the stove that doesn't seem to make any difference no matter where I have it set. If I leave the front door open, the damper isn't forced shut and I can maintain a fire, but I'm probably sending all of the heat up the chimney.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

1 answer to this question