• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cordless tool batteries in the cold??

redhooks

From my experience you will lose some of the life on the battery. Can you leave them on the charger when not in use? Cause that would help out alot. I leave my batteries on the charger when not in use and it doesn't hurt the battery or charger. I use panasonic though.

Cold weather is not good for batteries if they are NiCd batteries. Heat is worse but cold temps. will definitely decrease the life of NiCd batteries. Some LiOn batteries will also be affected by cold weather. Read the owners manual and see what temp. range is ideal for your batteries. Milwaukee Lion batteries can be charged and used without damage down to 13 degrees and up to 149 degrees. I'm not sure what rigid's are though