• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crop Update?

lindy rig

Lindy, I just looked at todays ag report. They say that 11% of corn and 56 % of coy have been harvest across the state. We got hit pretty hard last week with a classic 18 hour blizzard. I can't seem to be able to hyper-link the report on here but, if you just Google "South Dakota corn harvest report" or "High Plains/Midwest Ag Journal" you should be able to see for yourself. When and where are ya goin?

Pac

Thanks for the info Pac. I will check that out.

Me and a buddy were out over Halloween and did decent for 2 guys. We were hunting west of Aberdeen. At that time basically all the corn was standing. Planning to head back out, but was hoping to time it after some more corn came down.

Well the farmers are combining every day, and it is coming out, but it is SLOW. 95% of the corn is wet and needs to be dried and it is just taking a long time. Good news is it looks like we will have good weather for at least the next 10 days, so there shouldn't be much stopping them.. I would say around here we are around the 50% mark for corn harvest.

from keloland.com on 11/18/2008

The corn harvest continues to fall behind normal in South Dakota because of wet ground.

The weekly report shows only 59 percent of the corn crop has been harvested. The five-year average for this date is 91 percent.

The Agricultural Statistics Service said much of the corn being harvested has a high moisture content, so it has to be dried at the elevator or on the farm.

Twenty-five percent of the state reports surplus moisture.

Seventy-two percent is adequate

I hunted around the huron area this last weekend. they got about 4" of snow on Friday night which made hunting a blast on Saturday. It really bunched up the birds and when I found birds I found lots of them.

However there is still corn in around the area, and with the snow I am sure it will be there for a while. This week is supposed to be pretty dry though so hopefully they can finish getting at whats left.