• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The "Original" Ice Map (Done for the year!)

Jeremy airjer W

Originally Posted By: superfisherfreak
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAST YOU HAVE TO DRIVE YOUR ATV TO STAY ABOVE 2 INCHES OF ICE???? TIRES ARE STUDDED AND IT WEIGHS ABOUT 600LBS WITH A 200 LB GUY OPERATING IT. LET ME KNOW THANKS

Somewhere around 90mph....or wait for 6" of ice.

lol. crazy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from spending the weekend in Ottertail County

Observed 4 to 6 inches of clear good ice on all lakes I ventured out on.

Some do have pressure cracks and ridges that are open so be careful out there.

anyone know about long lake in New Brighton. It was iced over last week, just wondering if anyone has a thickness to report. I will be able to check it tonight or tomorrow afternoon if no one has a report already.

Phil, email sent. Tonight is hard to nail down a time due to a meeting I have at work. I am new to the area and have never fished Long, Johanna, Turtle, or Owasso. I plan on trying these alot since I live in the area. If the ice is thick enough to fish, I may be out on one of these lakes tomorrow afternoon.

battle creek is fishable, just be sure youre walking out from the launch, not the pier as there is still unstable ice. i walked out on tanners from the dennys parking lot and even right from shore the ice didnt look ready, with water punching through as i stepped.

I took a trip to Lake Peltier in centerville and it seems there is 4 solid inches. Spent saturday and sunday there and didn't catch anything but 1 small perch.

A thanks to all the people sharing ice conditions:)

I had the same result on Peltier. Were you by Old Mill Road or the landing?

Originally Posted By: Jethro80
I took a trip to Lake Peltier in centerville and it seems there is 4 solid inches. Spent saturday and sunday there and didn't catch anything but 1 small perch.

A thanks to all the people sharing ice conditions:)

I had the same result on Peltier. Were you by Old Mill Road or the landing?

The landing

There are 116 long lakes in Minnesota. Can you be a little more specific?

read back a page and you will see it is long lake in new brighton. I didn't go too far out, so don't think that it is 4" over the entire lake.