• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The "Original" Ice Map (Done for the year!)

Jeremy airjer W

We had a good run this year but we have gotten to the point of not enough info to keep it going. I really appreciate all of you who contributed and kept us up to date on the ice conditions in your area. This isn't possible without you guys so thank you again! Have a great new year and be safe out on on the ice!!!

icemap08I.jpg

3. Sarah Saturday - Lake Sarah - Jan 3rd

4. Lake Lizzie Roundup - Lake Lizzie - Jan 10th

5. First Annual ‘Boji Bonanza - Lake Okoboji, Iowa - January 10th

6. Tetonka Rendezvous - Lake Tetonka - Jan 24th

7. 7th Annual Burntside Bash - Burntside Lake - Jan 31st

8. Packin for Perch - Lake Gogebic, Michigan - Feb 21st-22nd

9. Future FMer's 2nd Annual Ice Fishing Get Together - South Center lake - February 21st

10. Cool Cats 2009 - Horseshoe Chain - Feb 28th

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern MN

12/16

Northlander - 15" of ice where I was on Fish Lake north of Duluth tonight. A bit of slush after the big snow we got but we are on a week long streak of below 0 temps so it should lock up real good. Usually spots with a lot of perms is the only slushy spots or by a few pressure ridges. Many folks driving full size trucks. Many new roads plowed as well. Some of the better spots arent plowed to wich is good.

Paul Waldowski – Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort, Mille Lacs

We currently have 12+ inches of good ice out past Doe Island. We started to punch a road out today, but the deep snow has really made slow going. We still plan on having some of our sleepr houses out and open for rental this coming weekend.

Outdoors with Jonny P.

Ice is showing at 16-20” across the lake with many road operators allowing full vehicle travel.

12/13

Paul Waldowski – Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort, Mille Lacs

We currently have an 8x8 4 hole day house out past Doe island in 14 feet of water and our current plan is to start pulling our 4 hole dlx's out on Wed (12/17).

airjer - Fish lake had 14" on the northern shores of the lake.

12/10

leechbait - 10" of solid black ice ( 3 different spots ) on South Twin lake near Pinehurst resort near the town of Nay Tah Waush, Mn. Decent early season walleye lake.

12/9

Outdoors with Jonny P.

Upper Red Lake is showing a solid 9-10 inches of good ice. Watch out for cracks as the ice pack settles in for the winter.

12/8

Northlander – Duluth/Superior area ice report - Early Ice Event

Tried a new spot on a lake just north of Duluth and had 13" of real good ice.

mstark83 - 10" of nice black ice on small ely area lake today

--------------------------------------------------------------

12/7

Northlander – Duluth/Superior area ice report - Early Ice Event

I had 11" of ice on Fish Lake North of Duluth today but we also got 3" of snow. Its light though so it wont hurt too much.

thatoneguy - I walked out on the NW part of Pike Bay today. 4-6" most of the way out, but (gulp!) open water in multiple spots several hundred yards east of the box factory access. Use caution!

12/6

north red river - Lake Bronson - Was out on the lake today........10-12 inches of ice. There was maybe 5-6 pickup out there and fishing was slow as usual.

Central MN

12/17

bigbad401 - Bald Eagle lake in White Bear had 9 inches as of Saturday.

12/16

muskymike - Crooked Lake in Coon Rapids had 10" on the south bay on Saturday.

Deitz Dittrich - Air-- Was on Chisago and measured 8-9 in every hole I drilled...

12/15

nmitchell17 - 8 inches on black lake (tonka)

vexi - I had 12" on two differnt lakes the last time I was out in wc MN

Zzapp - Solid 5" on Bush Lake (Bloomington)

JimBuck - Carver County lake measuring 8-9".

mrfish1991 - 14" of ice on Mille Lacs (note from airjer: probably east and southeast shores/bays)

anyfishaldo - Saturday, December 13th Rush lake between Cigar and Wilson Island 8 inches. Sunday, December 14th Big Lake 100-150 yards out from park 6-7 inches

PmDavis300 - 9inches on bald eagle last night, about the same on white bear

BigWadeS - I was out on Big Marine in Washington County and there was a solid 8" out there

Snake River King - I was out on Linwood Lake in Anoka county and there was about 10 inches everywhere I cut

B@ssmaster - East Rush near Cambridge had 10" of ice Saturday.

--------------------------------------------------------------

12/8

KOTTKE - fished Waconia on Fri and Sat. In the bay ice was 4-5.5 in. Went out in front of marina on Sat evening and found some thinner ice. The lake appears to have completely froze over on Sat evening. Be careful as the snow will hide these recently frozen areas. In town has these areas on GPS cords.

------------------------------------------------------------

12/7

PmDavis300 - 6 inches off of ramsey beach on white bear lake today

bassboy6109 - 5 inches on a small deep west metro lake

Jordyn Kaufer - 6-7 inches of clear black ice on the st. croix river near bayport

dtro - 7" on a small west metro lake tonight. Plenty of ATV's running around too.

12/5

Finlander - 7" in front of Holiday resort on Osakis!

Orlip - Checked a couple small lakes in the southern metro and found 6". I saw some tents on Prior Lake and also open water. Between lords and reeds island it was wide open.

LMITOUT - 5" on Belle and Washington north of Hutchinson.

12/4

Glockwinger - Drilled a couple holes in Reitz lake near Waconia on Thursday and had 3" of clear ice about 100' from shore. Didn't see any tracks on Waconia yet and it looked like there might have been some open water in Turd's bay...there was geese in there.

Southern MN

12/15

Fantbase - 5-6 inches on Cody Lake near Lonsdale

4wanderingeyes - 7 inches on French Lake in Rice county, and increasing by the minute!

TruthWalleyes - I was out on Duck Lake last night, (next to madison lake) 10" out there.

----------------------------------------------------------

12/8

Fantbase - 5-6 inches on Cody Lake near Lonsdale

-----------------------------------------------------------

12/7

LMITOUT - 9" of ice on Lake Washington north of Hutchinson. Quite a bit of ATV traffic and some smaller wheel houses are out.

4wanderingeyes - I had 7 inches of good ice on Mud Bay on Lake Washington today. 4wheelers driving all over the bay.

Out of state

12/16

Agronomist_at_IA - Iowa great lakes have a min of 6in. and in the bays and protected spots have 10in. Should be even thicker since the high today was around -5.

------------------------------------------------------------

12/5

Agronomist_at_IA - I knocked off of work at about 2:30 and hit a small local gravel pit called Douma Park here in NW Iowa. Had 5-6 inches of Ice. It's only 14 acres, so it freezes quickly.

Duluth/Superior area Ice Report.

--------------------------------

Small back bays and smaller ponds starting to ice over. All bigger lakes are still open with just a bit of shore ice in areas. Some of the smaller lakes skimmed over and opened up a few times. Still a ways to go before we even think about walking on water. grin

They are talking single digits this week though so it will slowly be here.

Lets hope for cold and light winds and no rain.

Anybody seen the lakes in the Bemidji area? I am planning on going up there in a week or so to fish some smaller lakes..

Please keep me updated if you know anything aboot the area.

Thanks!

Skim ice on all the ponds around Shoreview and N Metro, No ice on the lakes with any size though.

Ryan

Just got word that Fish Lake has skimmed completely over and if we dont get rain or big winds it should stay. Thats great news for our early ice event up there out of Highbanks Resort Sat dec. 13th. Hope to see some of you there.