• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what is the pros and cons of marcum and vex

robert1965

I have an FL-8 and it had done a great job for the last 4 years. I would like a more precise line for marking fish though. My adviced would be test drive these products before you buy. I was in the market for a new locater, but I think I am going to get a camera next.

My adviced would be test drive these products before you buy.

That is just what Marcum is going to do with the Marcum High Power Challenges across Minnesota and Wisconsin, units and experienced/unit knowledgeable staff along with expert anglers will be present to let anglers use the units in real world application before purchasing.

To answer the title question:

Pro - easy to use, very detailed, and has plenty of options for varying situations.

Con - I'd almost rather turn back if I forget to bring it with me!

As everyone's said, you won't be disappointed!

I just got a chance to take a good look at the new hummingbird units and I tell you what, if you really want the best out there, I seriously think they have that wrapped up hands down. This unit has been throughly researched and tested. Factory pro's had them on the ice last year and they certainly proved that they had the right stuff. The colors are incredible, the screen is nearly twice the size of the Vex and the Marcum, and the clarity and seperation are second to none. They are priced competativly with comperable units from Vex or Marcum. They definetly warrant strong consideration by anyone buying a new flasher. I am pretty sure I'll be buying one to complement my LX3tc. The LX3 has proven itself and I'll keep it as a backup. If you are on the fence yet come the weekend of the 6th and 7th of December, I'm sure there will be plenty of vendors and factory reps at the ice fishing show happy to give you the grand tour of the hottest flasher on the ice.

I would personally purchase the LX-5.. I have had nothing but good things to say about the Marcum units.. I have been impressed at both the quality and durability of the MarCum line.. The units can take the abuse and that alone makes me a firm believer in MarCum.. I only run MarCum units in my guide service and have NEVER had to return a unit due to defect...

Hope this helps....

Beef