• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What type of grill for ice fishing???

GSB Ice Man

the little coleman grills that run on the 1lb tanks are great for the ice......just remember that you do not need to let them warm up.......we found out the hard way when we let it warm up for 10 minutes or so and came out to melted grates!!!

I have one of those rectangle cheap ones that uses the 1lb tank. I have a Tee on my 11lb tank(or 20lb if driving on the lake). One hose goes into the heater and the other to the grill. If there is a small wind, use the house as a wind block. My setup on a windy day is to have the wind at the back of my Yukon. Then the grill will be right outside the door. There is nothing better than having brats while fishing. Unless you are warming up pizza from the night before on the heater for breakfast.

Weber rectangular charcoal grill on the ice, the legs lock the top on. I put enough charcoal in it before I leave for fishing, bring the chiminea along with 2 sheets of news paper. fire that puppy up about 20 minutes or so before I want to eat. I have fed 8 guys off that grill cooking on the tailgate of my truck on Mille Lacs in below zero temps. 8 burgers at a time, about 20 brats or so. I like the taste of charcoal better then gas, I also like to throw some mesquite chips on right before I put the meat on gives it a little of the southwest flavor to the meat.

Put the lid on when done and in about 20-30 minutes the grill is out and packed away for the next time. Beans go on the Mr. Heater/cooker in the shack.

I have a propane frying pan and 2 burner stove for the breakfasts if needed.

PS As you can tell from my avatar I'm not afraid to eat my own cooking. smile

We picked up a Weber Q gas model this summer for our camping trips, I was amazed at how even this thing cooks, I hesitated for the longest time based on price but this works better than most of the full size grills I have used. We set it on a picnic table or truck bed.