• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice up north?(PLEASE HELP ASAP)

does anyone know if any of the lakes up near leech are too frozen for a boat..

my dad and i are going to head up if the ice isn't that thick.

Please help me out.

If there is no ice we go, if ice we don't or we have to find another option.

Thanks in adcance,

Jordyn

As of tuesday night Laura and Big Rice Lakes were completely locked up with ice, with most small ponds froze over also. Ice was starting to form on the edges of the bigger lakes like upper trelipe and lower trelipe but boat access was still quite possible. Leech however did not have any visible ice atleast in the walker area or by whipholt. hope this helps.

No boat access wasn't possible as of tuesday on Rice or Laura and i duobt they opened back up but you never know i guess it could have been windy and opened er up but i really doubt it, they were both locked up good.

Our place is the one where we just built a new cabin in the northest corner of the lake. we got the blue lund fisherman with a 115 yamaha on it.

Say you don't by chance know a guy named Paul because i think he has or had a place over in that same area and my dad knew him from Toro??

well got back today and on saturday morning we went to laura and the wind was like 30MPH and it was too much for our blind so we didn't hunt. That night we went to lower trelipe and got 2 drake goldeneyes. went back for sunday mornings day hunt and there was 1/4 inch ice that went 20yards out so we weren't able to get in on lower..

Big rice was locked up really really well.

Also big sandy lake was locked up on friday night