• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats the biggest fish you have caught ice fishing

robert1965

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40" Muskie out of Beers Lake in Maplewood State Park. I had cut a spear hole to angle out of and had a blast watching the fish down there. Two about the same size came in to my sucker minnow at the same time and one of them, feeling he was about to get cheated, blew up all over the minnow. About fifteen minutes later another one about the same size came in and hit, but I lost it.

That has to be a toss up between 2 Northerns. The first one I mistook for a Crappie! It came up with almost no fight, and with the low light shining through the hole, looked like a crappie at first. Once at the hole, the thing took off and nearly spooled me. ended up being 34" and maybe 10 lbs.

The second WAS a crappie grin , but the jig hook also caught someone unattended rattle reel line. At the end was a 33" 11-12 lb thick monster.

Both C&R

northern.jpg

notmyline.jpg

Biggest is a 34.5 inch pike. Didn't think i had anything on cause it didn't fight at all. Got it to the hole and it was a huge gob of weeds. I started pulling weeds from my line and all of a sudden i felt something sharp on both sides of my hand. Low and behold it was a 34.5" pike

38 3/4 inch pike two yrs ago on a tip up hanging dead smelt guesstamated herat 18lbs caught and released 20 min later the second biggest came through the same hole 37 inch pike around 16 1/2 lbs on smelt it was a day that I'll not soon forget also caught and released 6 other between 10 and 12 lbs that day

wish we would of had a camera.

41 lb carp. 37 In long 30 in girth. Got it out of lake koronis while jiging for walleyes. Tryed to weigh it at the local bait shop but was to heavy for there scale. Ended up getting it weighed at the Paynsville feed mill on the grain scale.