• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats the biggest fish you have caught ice fishing

robert1965

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was my first year taking ice fishing seriously, and I had about a 6 lbs walleye in the hole that came off the hook just as I was going to grab it. Other than that I think it was a 16" crappie.

Similar to stymie, a few years back I got a gator nearly 30" from Upper Red. 4 lbs line and an ultra light. It was the only thing I has seen on the sonar all night. I got that beast out and the sonar lit up and I pulled a 20" walleye on the other line before I got the gator unhooked.

a 10 lb. Walleye. My buddy had just purchased a vex and he had to go use the john...needless to say I swiped it. I had read the manual earlier and when he came up on the flasher i remembered the caption for that size reading "significant fish"....indeed.

36 inch slimer, by brother and I took turns on a 38 inch slimer from URL. We had to use a shovel to point it's nose up the 7in hole.

Other notables,

26.5, 27, and 29 inch walleye. Open water have landed a couple 27's 28's and 30's. Last one Nick at Zippel had a hand with Summer of 07.

I think the best catch though of my life was that 29 inch eye out of Cedar Lake. 11:30 at night all by myself rattle reel 6lb line. Snapped off on two prior to that that night on the same hole. The one I landed did not have the missing hooks in it's mouth either. Never caught a pike or musky out there at night. That lakes had some huge eyes in it.

I "caught" my Uncle on a Pabst Can at the Forest Lake contest one year.

He ran for the porta potty 30 minutes in and I hooked him up to the beer can and let about 15 surrounding fishermen in on the joke.

He started out pretty excited when he got back and saw his boober was down. We were all cheering him on. The roar of laughter as he pulled it out of the hole was priceless.

for me my biggest was a twelve pound northern.

At upper Red Lake Last year I caught the largest Crappie that I have ever caught It was almost 16in. I'm sure guys have caught bigger, but I thought that was fairly good sized.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Another guy in our group caught a 47in Northern, biggest I've ever seen outta the water.

Had the pic on here but since the fish was frozen, they took it off here do to the dead fish policy.

That is impressive. Getting a musky on that small of a jig. Mine is a 39" musky on Clear Lake in Iowa on a swedish pimple. I had a good 10 minute battle with the fish crossing the hole a bunch of times. I still can't believe my 4 lb line held up to the carnage. Unfortunately, we didn't have the camera that night.