Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FISHINGURU

about to go all out....have a few questions!!!

10 posts in this topic

i'm thinking hard about getting a new arctic armor suit and a nils auger.

is there a difference between the colors of the suits? i seen some say one is tougher and warmer then the other.

does the arctic armor plus only come in green?

i'm leaning towards camo so i could use it for some hunting situations also.

my main question is the sizing...i'm around 6'1 and 200lbs..maybe around 210 or more by winters end lol.....i pretty much always buy stuff in 2xl...just wondering if anyone similar to my size or knows someone who wears these and has advice.

i like loose fitting stuff...and like to have room to be comfortable in some longjohns and some sweatpants without everything being tight....same with the jacket...some longjohn tops and a hoody or sweatshirt underneath with room.

just want to make sure i don't order to small...but don't want to get way to big though either...i'd rather order big then small though.

sold my old trustworty strikemaster to my buddy after i got her all tuned up for him...had my eye on a nils for a couple years now and figure i'll check it out...no complaints from my strikemaster except it was a 10" and the pitch went out of tune and wouldn't cut...i got that taken care of though....other then that she started up instantly everytime and cut like a champ.

1 more thing...in the outdoorprostore i tried to add the nils to my cart and the suit just to see what the grand total would be with shipping and they won't let me put the 2 items in the same cart...i can put 2 different items in but not the suit and auger for some reason? can i not order these 2 items together or what?

thanks

so i take it they are sized big? maybe i should size down to an XL? you still have plenty of room to bulk up underneath if need be? i like to be out there during the extremes.

They are sized pretty big. I wear a bulky hoodie most of the time under mine. They are extremely warm too.

I'm 6'3" 220, and wear an XL AA suit.

as for not being able to put both in the cart.. I dont know whats up. Use the contact us button at the bottom of this page and you should be able to get some answers. As for which is more durable. I actually have both suits (camo and red) I would think the red would be slightly more durable as it has the knees and seat reinforced with a heavier material. The camo is all one material, at least my suit is. I love the camo for hunting, late season bow hunting is dooable now with that suit! As for the ice, I always have the red on.

I would hit the Ice Fishing Show Dec 5-7 and try on the AA and get what you think you will fit in best.

I will be at the Nils booth off and on all weekend and the Otter booth so if you see a big 6'6" goof with a Otter hat and pullover on stop by and shoot me some questions. I can help you out with both purchases if need be.

Yes, the plus comes in green only. I have worn all of the suits and I have used the camo for both archery hunting and ice fishing and it has performed well for both. The red and black suits outsides material is a bit tougher but the camo is much quieter and softer.

6' tall and 230lbs. XL and fits fine with great mobility. I like you wondered because most of my stuff is XXL, but the XL is just fine for me. I have a feeling the double would have been too big on me. Man is that nice to say, hehehehe. Heck I climbed a radio tower in the snow and rain mix two days ago with it on!

6'4" and an XL. Its a little short in the snow pants but that's par for the course when you're a tall guy living in an average height world! There's plenty of room for layering but most of the time its just long underwear bottoms, jeans, t-shirt, and a fleece pull over.

If I remember right the red stuff has more padding in the kneese and backside compared to the Camo. Harvey Lee can confirm this. I'm not sure about the plus.