• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Tank ?

Big River

First off i'm not good with motors, but anyways. I have a 1979 Johnson 15 hp long shaft, with a plastic gas tank with a hose that has the primer bulb. My question is that when I pump the primer it fills with gas, and the first time I can get gas at the motor end, but then I pump it again and it gets hard and I cant't get no gas at the motor end, and the only way I can release the pressure is to disconnect the hose from the primer bulb. Anotherwards i'm not getting gas to the carb. Does it sound like a hose problem or carb, etc. problem. Just looking for some help or thoughts on this. thanks p.s. motor ran great before this.

Given that I might be tempted to remove the gas hose from where it connects to the fuel pump / diaphragm and pump the primer bulb a bit and see if it pumps fuel through the hose to rule out the mating end of the connector.

marine_man