• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 WI Archery Deer Regs - First Timer Questions?

Wild Willie

Please confirm if I understand 2008 Wisconsin Resodemt/Non Resident Archery Deer regulations right:

1) Archery Anterless Carcass Tag: Any Unit Statewide

2) Archery Buck Carcass Tag: Any Unit Statewide except EAB and CDW. Archers need a Buck Authorization Sticker to bag a buck in EAB or CDW zones. Can only harvest Buck with a Buck Authorization Sticker when anterless deer is harvested in same EAB or CDW unit.

3) Anterless Deer Carcass Tag: Herd Control & EAB tag to harvest one anterless deer and necessary to earn a Buck Authorization Sticker in EAB units.

Total Resident/Non Resident of 2 anterless deer (one anywhere in the state and one in Herd Control/EAB units) and 1 buck - Right? Appears that in some areas you could take as many anterless deer as you could afford.

wish i could help... what you got goin there for the regs sure sounds correct, sounds like its right out of the book..I would go with it.. rock on and good luck in the badger state. I got a buddy out there right now, grew up north of buffalo county, his got a bunch of acres in the county north of there.. im hopin he brings a big boy home,hes got some good trail cam pics, keep posted

The tags you have in your hand are just that. One doe statewide, one doe in EAB or Herd Control area only and one buck statewide. In order to tag that buck in an EAB zone, you must first shoot a doe in that zone.

You may also purchase virtually as many anterless tags as you want, pretty much statewide.

I'm not real certain about the CWD areas, but I believe they are about the same as EAB units.

One note in response to DonBos post - you do not need the unit you shoot a doe for EAB and the buck you fill that tag with to be in the same unit. Ex - you could shoot a doe in EAB unit A, or B, or C, etc and then use that sticker to shoot a buck in EAB unit A, or B, or C, etc.