Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evinrude19

"Bro" series ice fishing combos

7 posts in this topic

anyone have any thoughts on them? i might pick up the 27" quick tip for light jigs for sunnies and crappies and was wondering if anyone has used them before or heard anything about them

thanks

zach

I looked at the quick tip rods as well and thought they were very nice. I plan to pick up at least one combo before the season and see how it works. I really like the soft tip and then the backbone after that first couple inches. I think they will work very well for crappies and sunfish and also the occasional walleye.

I was in GM the other day looking at the bro's. They looked nice and I was going to get one until I cranked the reel a few turns. It was not smooth at all. easy to turn half way and then stiff then easy then stiff like something was bend. I then grabbed another... same thing. I checked every on in their display and all were this way. So check the reel before you buy one of these. I chose not to but one. After looking at the bros and several other supposed good combos and the quality was shotty to say the least. Especially their house line.

Also, make sure and check the guides. I've looked at a few of the quick tip rods at several locations and at least one of them always has bent guides. Some were so bad that the last guide was at an almost 90 degree angle compared to the rest. Just something to watch for. Other than that, the rod seemed really similar to the Jason Mitchell MeatStick, which is a good thing.

Bro recommends couple drops of "hot sauce" on the pump rod.Its supposed to smooth them out real nice.

Bro quick tip looks nice. I took a close look at an Ultra Lite and as Mozy said, the guides were mis-aligned. 2nd guide from the tip was not set correctly.