• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scope for MN Coyote

I'm new to coyote hunting, and curious what size scope is best suited for typical MN conditions. I'm planning on getting a savage .223 that will be used primarily for local stuff. I doubt I will go west into bigger areas. I was thinking a 3x9x40. Is that enough magnification?

The "which scope?" topic will drive you crazy. Shopping for deals on equipment is my off-season hobbie. I spent last winter hunting for a scope for my new .204 Encore. I choose the Leopold 3.5-10. It was a bit pricey.

For a .223, any good 3-9x40 will do a good job. Burris, Nikon, ect. Find the model that you like. Go to Gander, Cabels's, or SMW and look at a lot of different models. Don't fall for the more you pay - the better the scope. It is true but you can over buy from what you need. Look for deals. If you can wait, the holiday sales will be great this year due to the ecomony.