• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Put your boat away yet?

Big Dave2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Daze Off

Do you have an outboard? 2-stroke?

All I do on mine is change the lower unit oil which is simple, and fog the motor which is simple also. I have never had any problems......yet.

Got an outboard 2-stroke - fogging the engine is the part I can never remember - probably because each person who has shown me or told me does something a bit different....or because I suffer from CRS (can't remember......). My boat goes away now and does not come out until at least April if not May. All I really recall clearly is to pull the plugs and spray some c-foam into each seating and replace. Beyond that all is blank....

I put mine away in early May,(racing season) getting ready to get her out next month for the fishing season. I'm just getting started. Got a few deer and birds to pursue yet, but then, look out walleyes.

I'm just doing my winterizing today. I'm gonna run a little stable into the motor then run it dry, Then i'll fog the carb and in the spark plug cylander. Does anyone know if i should replace the lower unit oil now, or in the spring? I was thinking now maybe (in case any water was mixed in) but don't really care to wink.

I'm just doing my winterizing today. I'm gonna run a little stable into the motor then run it dry, Then i'll fog the carb and in the spark plug cylander. Does anyone know if i should replace the lower unit oil now, or in the spring? I was thinking now maybe (in case any water was mixed in) but don't really care to wink.

That's exactly why it is recommended to do it in the fall.

Yea, I had a feeling that was what the answer was after i read my own question (funny how that works). Well as long as I still get to go to the bar with the money i saved...Thanks. Puttin the boat away is not bitter sweet to me at all this year, I am ready for the ICE!

I broke down and winterized the motor yesterday, packed it up with all the summer gear and took it to the storage location today.

It's a sad day......the garage looks empty.

Still some pheasant hunting to be done before 1st ice!

Had mine on the water yesterday. Water temp is 41 degrees. Plenty of time before ice up. It's way too nice having the lake to myself. I did run stabil in the gas and shot a dose of fogging oil down the carb before I pulled it out of the water...just in case. I do plan on getting out a couple more times.

TC