Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dave2

Put your boat away yet?

60 posts in this topic

How many have not put their boat away for the winter yet? I put mine away a while ago and wish I would have waited.

I haven't yet. I'm hoping to get a nice warm-up and get out at least a few more times.

Not yet, I'm going out later today. I'll be out next week and during Thanksgiving week for sure. After that, hope to be on ice for a few months.

Put mine away last week but its always ready if we get a nice day.

Problem around here this time of year is there usually arent any docks and the shoreline freezes up.

Well my hand surgeries aren't healing up as quick as hoped so I'm going to try and winterize the motors this weekend.

Not yet. One last trip to Rainy River this weekend before she get's tucked away for the ice season. Hopefully the walter's cooperate.

Still floating! Likely looking at this being the last weekend though.....

Winterized mine 3 weeks ago. It was a beautiful day, so I had 2nd thoughts when I was doing it. Not a lot of good weekends since, so I think I made the right decision.

winterized mine last wednesday, have it ready to go in case of a nice day, otherwise into storage next week

Mine is empty of all gear and full of gas and Stabil....need to have it winterized - anyone have a recommendation in the north metro for decent job for decent $$$. Have had a couple people show me over the years but I can never remember how to do it completely 12 months later when I need to do it again....pitiful, I know! Too many things I need to remember to store that info I guess.

Winterized mine 3 weeks ago. It was a beautiful day, so I had 2nd thoughts when I was doing it. Not a lot of good weekends since, so I think I made the right decision.

Did mine the same weekend.

mines still out and catching fish best time to fish is right now!

I'm actually contemplating not winterizing mine. If the fishing is bad on the ice, I might just have to go hit pool four.

Mine is empty of all gear and full of gas and Stabil....need to have it winterized - anyone have a recommendation in the north metro for decent job for decent $$$. Have had a couple people show me over the years but I can never remember how to do it completely 12 months later when I need to do it again....pitiful, I know! Too many things I need to remember to store that info I guess.

Do you have an outboard? 2-stroke?

All I do on mine is change the lower unit oil which is simple, and fog the motor which is simple also. I have never had any problems......yet.

I never really winterize mine. It stays in the same stall of the garage all year, and I use it almost year round. Always open water on a river somewhere. The only time it doesn't get much use is when the permanant fish house is out.

Yes I put it away last week before deer opener. There has not been one nice day around here after I put it away, so I'm glad I did.

Winterized mine away 3 days ago. For those of you that keep them out all winter or into December, aren't you afraid of water freezing in the lower unit?

Mine never gets winterized. Longest it sits is 2 months. Put away in Feb and back out in April.

Duck

I am jealous of all of you with yours out. I have been a die hard duck hunter through all these years, but this year changed. Bought a place with my brother up by Pequot and have fished my butt off and loved it. I hunt anything that moves but have fished longer into the fall then I ever have. If the ducks aren't going to fly might at well fish. I also deer hunt and knew I wouldn't be back to the cabin until turkey day so it was put away after Halloween.

Jimbuck let me know how you do. Thats the only place I may run my boat to.