• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting out of a speeding ticket

walleye vision

Question

I got tagged going 69 in a 55 in Douglas county. I've never gotten a ticket, and would gladly pay the fine, but want to keep it off my record for insurance purposes. I called the court in Douglas co. and they won't delay my court date (too far to drive anyway) and they say they don't have any way to keep it off my record, even if i pay. Anyone have any thoughts??

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have heard after a certain amount of years (speeding was like 5-7 years), you can go down to St. Paul at the state DMV office and submit to have the ticket removed from your record (I am sure for a fee). If you do not (and like Hanson said about having a pre arranged agreement), it will stay on your file for as long as they keep a file on you.

This was what I was told about 8-9 years ago and it might have changed and I never tried it.

I think it is was like 20 years for a DWI.

I think it is was like 20 years for a DWI.

Dumbest thing a person can do. Should be on there for life. No offense to anyone on here that has gotten one, but be thankful that you didn't kill anyone along your way.