• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What happened??

MNice

I got a real nice doe last Sunday and I have a question about the entrance & exit hole. The shot was about 40 yards, 270 win. 130 grain, elevated stand, wooded, but I had a real nice clear shot, or so I thought. My aim was for the boiler room, just like bow hunting and I hit exactly where I aimed. The entrance hole was oblong and approximately a 1-1/2" by 1/2" opening,and took out a rib, the exit hole was a perfect round hole between the ribs. Of course hunting with a bunch of jokers, they said I had it wrong, until I proved it by the entrance and exit verified my elevation.

My question is, could the entrance hole be made by the hide & meat sticking to the rib, or could I have glanced a branch causing the bullet to tumble. I'm thinking the rib scenario because a tumbling bullet would not make such a clean exit wound.

Any thoughts??