Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrjigger

changing/adding anti-freeze to sled

4 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1994 arctic cat prowler. It is liguid cooled. The guy I bought it from did not have the manual anymore.

How do I know if I need to change or add anti-freeze?

If I do need to change it, what is the process for removing the old and adding the new?

Can i use standard pre-mixed anti-freeze like you use in a car?

There is a resevoir with a yellow/green cap. Would this be where I add the anti-freeze? It is right next to the oil resevoir.

thanks

Check when cool. Most coolant reservoir jugs have an add line. I run standard coolant in mine. Not sure if I would replace unless you start experiencing overheating, so this may be a wait and see. Most likely the current will be ok. I usually try to get a cooler mix for better performance, but I believe your standard 50% water/50% antifreeze would be just fine. I run 70/30 with water wetter.

the coolant resevoir on my sled does not have an add line that I can see. Also the resevoir is pretty much empty.

Should I beable to see coolant in the resevoir?

Usually there is a little in there...maybe 1/3 when cold. Not sure on your specific model though.