• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DEI / Ganassi Merger Official

candiru

I got this off of Jayski. From the sounds of it they will be running Chevy's.

OFFICIAL - Earnhardt and Ganassi Form New Four-Car Team: Two of motorsports’ biggest names – Earnhardt and Ganassi – will launch a four-car team beginning in 2009 through the combination of the motorsports operations of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. (DEI) and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Inc. (CGRFS). NASCAR stars Martin Truex Jr. and Juan Pablo Montoya will drive the #1 and #42 respectively and future star Aric Almirola will be behind the wheel of the #8. The driver of the #41 will be named in the near future. “In this ultra-competitive era of NASCAR, it is necessary to build and sustain the strongest team possible and our combining with the people and equipment at Dale Earnhardt Inc. will help create a strong four-car program for years to come,” said Chip Ganassi. “This is a win-win for both organizations as well as all of our partners.”

“Having a partner like Chip who is heavily involved on the competition side of the business is an ideal situation for DEI,” Teresa Earnhardt said. “He has a long history of managing championship teams in the IndyCar and Rolex Grand-Am Series and I share his passion and goals of winning races and ultimately championships in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. I think this is a case where we are stronger together than we are apart.” Details of the new four-car operation will be announced at a future date

One step closer to a museum.

Nice job Teresa.

They way folks talked last year, little Earnie was guaranteed a Championship if given the right equipment, love, and support.

And that a papa figure like hendricks was the missing link.

In hindsight, mabey Teresa knows more about her job than you give her credit for ?

After all, the ultimate decision to drive for the dark side, was little Earnie's, not Teresa's. And that money was the motivating factor both for Lil' Earnie and hendricks.

Money perhaps Teresa did not have, or could not match.

It was more than money that broke that deal up and I don't think a king's ransom would have kept Jr. there unless he received majority ownership of the company. She was leading the company in the wrong direction and Jr. knew it was time to bail out unless he could get control of it so he could bring it back to where Sr. intended it to go. Does anyone think that Jr. is hurting for money? He rakes in the cash for his endorsements alone.

I'm not sure how anybody can give Teresa credit for anything except the downfall of DEI.

I don't know who said Jr. would win a championship, but I don't disagree that many felt his chances would be a lot better somewhere else, and they were.

I still think that Jr. will win a championship with Hendrick but he needs to upgrade his Crew Chief. I'm sure his Cousin knows quite a bit about cars but I don't think he knows enough to win a championship. There is a reason that Jimmie wins and Jr. doesn't.

Ralphie needs an older crew chief like Jimmy Fenning or Steve Hmiel. A certain type of guy he cannot argue with. I would swap Latarte and Eury and see how that is.

Back to original topic

This gives DEI a very big marketable driver, who is now the best driver they have.

DEI Racing w/Ganassi w/Sabates