• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ipod player for auto

JohnMickish

Question

I've got a cheap FM player for my ipod and want to upgrade to something else, I just don't know what.

The FM works pretty good but am wondering what else is out there that works, or what FM players are best.

I'm not going to swap out decks so that takes that out. I see Crutchfield sells one that has a separate screen and also does voice controls, pretty cool but is it worth $150?

What do you guys use?

9 answers to this question

If you have a cassette player, use one of the cassette adapters. Or some car stereos have an auxilary input. It is a 1/8 phone jack on the front panel.

What kind of stereo do you have now, and why are you so adamant about not swapping if you are willing to consider 150 for adapter?

If you want to find a lot better prices than crutchfield, go to a place called online car stereo. Do a search for it, prices are about 25-50% lower than crutchfield and service is pretty good. Back when I was heavy into car audio, that was the place I got all my gear.

Have you checked into the cord that will plug into the cd changer controls on the back of your radio? I think they're around $50 and they also charge it.

I cannot stand the FM regulator that I have. The sound is terrible. It's really muted with the bass & treble. It almost sounds like you're listening to digital music on AM! I think I paid $80 bones for it also.

No cord plugs into the back of this deck. I've done all the research there is to do, and the only options I have are either a hard wired FM modulator or the FM broadcast type. Looking for what people use, and whether they like it or not.

I thought about the Wireless FM modulator but ended up hardwiring it through the CD changer input on the back of the stereo. The adapter was like $40 I believe. Sound quality is genially going to be better hard wired so I went that route for my Satellite Radio and I-Pod.

I wasn't worried about having a cable I just ran it through the heat vent and you can't see it at all.