• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canvasback mount

Last year while hunting with my dad and brother we had a couple of drake cans pass by. My dad got the first shot off and sent one sailing and my brother teamed up on the 2nd one. I volunteered to go look for my dad's. We were hunting a lake and there was a big slough behind us. I go back by the slough and there was his can out in the middle laying dead with the wind not moving it. This slough was very muddy and I knew only one way to get it. With my waders I started out in the slough, sinking with every step. I knew if I stopped I would be stuck. I got the duck and made it back. Had to sit by the slough for awhile to catch my breath. Brought it back to dad and his eyes lit up. He has been hunting waterfowl for 40+ years and has never shot a drake canvasback. My dad has never gotten anything mounted. Long story short, my brother and I talked him into mounting this one. He got it done at Flyway Taxidermy by St. Cloud, and Jerry did one awesome job on this duck. It has to be one of the nicest mounts I have seen. The picture doesn't do it justice. I would highly recommend Flyway Taxidermy if you guys ever want a duck mounted.

DSC_02201.jpg

Dukhnt,

First of all, congratulations to your father for bagging a beautiful canvasback. I shot one last weekend

Is there any way you could take a couple more pictures of that mount sometime from different angles, or if you already have then that's great. The thing is, that I have never seen a pose as perfect as that one, and I was thinking about getting it re-created with mine.

If you could that'd be great, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks

Rusty Jones