• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zone 2 Hunters

Just looking to get you thoughts now that we are in the middle of the new 9 day season?

I really like it, it has allowed me to be more selective in what deer I chose to harvest or pass up. Although I still don't think this alone is enough to improve the overall quality of the herd. More doe tags or the opportunity to harvest either sex with the standard firearms licenses would be the way to improve the size structure of the bucks in the area IMO.

Agreed, while I don't want to harvest a small buck, being as all I do is shutgun hunt, I am left with either hope for a big guy or go home empty. I would rather be able to shoot a doe every year and then have a buck tag some years. Although this also opens up problems, there is no perfect system but ours isn't close...