• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storing 1# LP bottles in portable

Rope

Congratulations on your purchase! What type of Otter did you buy? As far as storage goes, I would check out some of the posts on portable modifications for ideas by doing a search. It would be nice if they would stick modifications at the top of this forum as there have been numerous threads about this topic.

Did you check out the mods that had the bottles in the PVC tubing and then secured in the tub.

Or the mod that had the bottles in a block of styrafoam.

I thought both of those were good ideas and just wanted to make sure you didn't miss them.

I've been just using a storage bin just for the propane in mine.

I also liked the foam idea and will be using that in my house this year since I am using 1lbers for my heater due to space issues. I believe he just got a piece of foam that was an inch or 2 thick then cut holes down halfway into the foam to hold the tanks upright.

Cheap and light...

Ryan

Both my buddy & big buddy heaters have a case they sit in with two pouches on the sides to hold extra 1# tanks. I always install my 1#s on the heater before I head out (unless I am using an external tank), then put two extra's in the poutches for my lantern and spares.

The case for the regular buddy came with the unit in the box. The Big buddy case, i purchased at Cabelas. Great for providing extra protection, and keeping dust from collectin when in storage.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I have been using a milk crate for years. Nine of them fit vertically perfectly. If I'm going to be gone any longer, three more fit on top, on their side. No real need to strap them in, they stay right in the crate. The crate is open frame so it doesn't weigh much. Plus if you ARE strapping things in your tub, the open frame of the crate is a great thing to strap to. Works excellent. I store them year round in the crate(s), they stack well.