Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott K

Which game?

16 posts in this topic

I am going to improve my gaming and get a PS3 soon. I was looking at the games, and I am stuck between getting COD WAW, COD 4, Resistance2. Which one is better?

I would go for COD 5, and look for the older COD 4 on [YouNeedAuthorization] or local pawn shops. GS has used copies as well but they are usually overpriced.

COD4 was game of the year and I think they sell it for around 30-40 bucks new. Are you looking for a 1st person shooter (COD,R2) or a 3rd person shooter (SOCOM)? I still play COD 4 quite a bit but have heard mixed reviews on the new COD 5 game. I've played far too many WW2 shooters in my life and I don't think I need another. I've always liked the SOCOM series. There's so many good games coming out from September into the Holidays that I have a hard time saving money for other things like Ice equipment. Good choice on the PS3, you'll enjoy it.

I vote for COD4. Should be able to score an auction site copy pretty cheap.

I like COD 5 also, although I agree that WW2 shooters are worn out.

CoD WaW is not CoD 5, think of it as like GTA Vice City. Built on the same engine, more of a step sideways (and IMO slightly backwards) than it is a step forward. The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

Actually it has been confirmed that the numbering system has been dropped from this line, starting with this title.

Just curious why you think this has been a step backwards? Sideways I would agree with, but why mess with success?

COD WAW is a great game you will enjoy yes it is WW2, but with killer graphics and also the online is sweet. But as stated you should look at Cod4 on an auction site also. And RFOM 1 is now $20 in the classics aisle.

Originally Posted By: VahnTitrio
The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

Actually it has been confirmed that the numbering system has been dropped from this line, starting with this title.

Just curious why you think this has been a step backwards? Sideways I would agree with, but why mess with success?

Just the fact that they put vehicles back into play. Vehicle play just has never been done well, on any game that I can recall. They are either imbalanced and to powerful (the darkwalker on UT3 is the peak of this) or so weak they aren't worth getting in.

i actually like how they did the tanks in the new game. The tanks can be very effective but at the same time if your enemy has a clue you're not invinceable in them.

Socom has been best online game for playstation for a long long time, but the new ones isn't that good, i dont think. I was ones ranted in the top 100 players on Socom 3 for about a year untill i stop playing. I play the new one but i like the older socoms better. I will be getting the new COD when it comes out since everyone on here always tell me to get it!!!! smile Is the new COD out??

yeah it came out Tues and already stole 10hrs of my life smirk

and I'll lose many more to it for sure. It's a great game.

IT was out 11/11 Veterans day..... I have only played 30 min single player and no multi yet.......just been too wiped out in the evening.....

I will have to go and take a look at it. I'm going to see if Game stops will give me a good deal on the new socom i bought a few weeks ago and then get the new COD. Most of you play on 360 right??

Where do you guys get your rankings off and post them on here?? like jpz has on the bottom of his post! Or is that a 360 thing?

CB, it's only for Xbox.....I'm going to look for a PS one but I don't believe they have a banner thingy. I have WaW on PS3 man, eventually maybe 360.