• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good way to dry boat carpet?

LEECH21

I just took my boat in to get winterized this week and was planning on putting it away this weekend in a storage shed for the winter........Well, its been raining and snowing and my boat has been sitting uncovered outside at the shop. Now the carpet is soaking wet.

I have a unheated garage, but the temps aren't supposed to get much warmer than freezing. Does anyone know of a good and fast way to dry the interior of my boat? I was thinking fans might help? I just don't want to cover it with the canvas and store it with the carpet still wet, thinking mold will grow.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend putting a cover loosely over the boat. Then stack your fans/heaters/blowers etc. inside safely. Having the cover on will allow for the temp to come up under the cover and also provide good circulation with the air being circulated by the fans.