Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEECH21

Good way to dry boat carpet?

13 posts in this topic

I just took my boat in to get winterized this week and was planning on putting it away this weekend in a storage shed for the winter........Well, its been raining and snowing and my boat has been sitting uncovered outside at the shop. Now the carpet is soaking wet.

I have a unheated garage, but the temps aren't supposed to get much warmer than freezing. Does anyone know of a good and fast way to dry the interior of my boat? I was thinking fans might help? I just don't want to cover it with the canvas and store it with the carpet still wet, thinking mold will grow.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend putting a cover loosely over the boat. Then stack your fans/heaters/blowers etc. inside safely. Having the cover on will allow for the temp to come up under the cover and also provide good circulation with the air being circulated by the fans.

Wet Dry shop vac will help. You can pick one up pretty cheap and it will get a lot of the water out for you. Then you could set up fans or whatever else you feel like to help finish the job.

I have a fan over my boat in the garage. I use it when ever the carpet gets wet.

Yeah I have a HUGE industrial fan that I let dry it out, but the shop vac works too. sucks up the water and dirt

Yes ha it has been since thursday, plan on shutting it off on monday night? or tuesday

Used the fan and shop vac trick. Was completely dry in less than 2 days! Thanks!

Lol. That commercial cracks me up every time. "They practically sell themselves!" crazy