• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New MarCum LX-5 arrived today!

What's nice about being laid up is you have first crack at FedEx delivery and he did not dissappoint. Wow I'm pretty impressed with the new unit. First thing's first want to thank the MarCum consumer especially CNY Frank for the suggested improvements. Besides 500 watts more power and patent pending AT it has a backlit zoom and SFL function and the display has recieved the depth upgrade scale plus we have been waiting. Heavier grade wire for the power and negative terminal hookups for the battery. All in all more perks for an already solid performing unit. Way to go MarCum..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Isn't a little early to start making us jealous? lol Need any other gear (the rest of the crew too) make sure you let me check for you unless you can go direct and get a deal. Check out Maurice Sporting Goods. They're trying to get me aboard. Still have the others and the place in Albany too. And you KNOW I'm not shy about making calls!! lol

Take it slow with that knee but when you're ready to go for a ride to see how it's going or to test it out, let me know. I'll pick you up and we can head out.

Timmy - nobody, and I mean nobody gets up earlier than me! I never sleep, I just hang upside down in the rafters for a few minutes and im good to go...

Do we remember the "secret" fly ordeal at Rickys? whistle

Im the same way DC on getting up early I am lucky if I get 6hrs a day and thats saying alot wink.

Timmy - remember the fly I tied useing some hair from a certain body area. And you had it in your hand trying to figure it out. I called it my "scented" freshwater shrimp pattern. Everyone else knew to not touch it but you...

Thunder - I can sleep in fine, I just cant fall asleep at night. So falling asleep at 2ish then getting up to fish or hunt the next day puts a hurtin on me...

Kev - First off I could care less what the name on my flasher says. No particular brand is gonna caych anyone more fish. Its the man behind the trigger. That being said. I have owned 3 diff vex's from around 91ish. About 3-4 years ago after actually compairing Marcums on ice I had the oppourtunity to sell our 2 fl-18s and pick up some LX-3's. And I couldnt be happier.

Watts mean nothing to me, more important is the reciever...

The number one thing I like better is the display - rock solid(no flicker) and thin line(not blobby) with awesome target seperation. The colors are far more easy on the eyes. I like the soft case and the swing arm transducer holder is awesome. I hated the short non adjustable plastic arm on the vex's that you had to baby. And what I disliked more was the float option. But I could see how in some situations guys would like that.

Plus the charging system is a breeze.

And as far as the watts and frequency messing with others? If I dont know you and your close enough to be getting messed up by my flasher - Good! Now a guy that fished with the same 2 or 3 guys all the time that all have vexs, thats another story. But thats probably not a good marketing point...

Sure vex still outsells all the others and it makes sence - they have an awesome product with great customer service and have been well established for a long time. And any units will flat out help catch fish. The competition in the ice world has certainly been a good thing. Lorance and Bird getting in is also a good thing...

I guess the thing I look at more than sales numbers is the percentage of folk that actually tried both or made the switch to Marcum and are happy? I dont see many people second guessing or looking back. Sure there are some lemons with anything. Our 18's never heald bottom in zoom mode. It was a pain but also a quick fix - send it back and they made it all better...

FYI - all for healthy discussion in here but the inmate should stay in the asylum...