• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TipUp/Reel Setup

Hello,

I will be making at least 3 trips to Devils Lake this winter. I am getting ready to rig up my tip ups/reels and wanted to make sure I was using the right line. I am planning on using braided Teflon 20 or 25 pound test for the tip ups and 6 pound crystal fireline for my reels. I have used 6 pound Trilene MicroIce (mono) in the past but wanted to try the fireline this year since it is suppose to have less stretch and more strength. Does this sound right or does anybody have any other recommendations? Thanks.

Welcome to HotSpotOutdoors!

On your tipups I think you're in good shape... for your fireline are you talking line diameter, or line strength?

6 pound line is good either way, but I like to run 6 pound diameter to give me a little extra strength... since the diameter is no larger than regular 6lb line.

Fireline vs Powerpro is up to you, but I prefer power pro... it doesn't fray like fireline does.

Good Luck!

marine_man