• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alabama Crimson Tide

Big Dave2

I have been an Alabama fan all of my life. I've waited quite a few years to see them rise back to where they belong as a dominant force in college football.

Any other Bama fans here by chance?

Anyone with any smarta$$ comments? I don't mind those either!

I'm worried about the Florida game though.

That Florida game oughtta be a good one. I'm pulling for Bama, but Florida looks pretty tough right now. I'd love to see at least one unbeaten team in the National Championship... but it's November in the SEC and anything can happen. I'll be watching.

And the next week is Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma... if Tech wins, the picture in the Big 12 will solidify. If the Sooners win, it'll get pretty confusing.

Getting down to the best few weeks in college ball right here. Teams will come out of nowhere and pull some shocking upsets in the next few weeks. I love November...

I'm not a Bama fan like you, but do know they are playing pretty well right now. But like you eluded to, their biggest concern is going to be playing a red hot Florida team in the SEC championship game. Florida is really clicking, and rolling over everyone they play. So I have to pick Florida in that one, but it should be one heck of a good game.

If you listen to the national media, they are already handing the #1 and 2 spots to Oklahoma and Florida. Everyone who is anyone thinks that Oklahoma will beat Texas Tech and Florida will beat Alabama.

This may all happen but I still think that Texas should end up ahead of Oklahoma since they beat Oklahoma. They also forget there are more games to be played. Alabama has a tough one with Auburn and Florida still has to play Florida state who is no push-over either. Florida proved it was human once already by losing to Mississippi.

I'll pull for my Crimson Tide till my dying day!

The other question is how do you rank all the 1-loss teams? Every year ends like this, and yet there is still no playoff. Even an 8-team playoff would be better than the current system, and then have the bowls for the rest of the teams as they do now.

I'm not completely sure I would be in favor of a playoff system.

You would still need the rankings in order to place the top 8 teams into the tournament and you are still going to have 9th and 10th place teams arguing that they should be ranked higher.

Also it waters down the excitement that college football creates when EVERY game counts. Most years you can not lose a game or have only 1 loss at the most to be considered one of the top 2 teams in the country.

Also, what excitement comes from winning your conference if you still don't make the play offs. You could possibly win the big ten with 2 or 3 losses and not be ranked high enough to get into the tournament.

Even though I don't think the current system is perfect, I think a playoff system just opens up a whole new can of worms.

i think it would help the programs that never really get a shot. There are teams out there that should have a shot at a monster bowl game, and get nothing becuase its always the big schools.

Try a playoff system, and if it dont work, go back to the BCS

I have been an Alabama fan all of my life. I've waited quite a few years to see them rise back to where they belong as a dominant force in college football.

Any other Bama fans here by chance?

Anyone with any smarta$$ comments? I don't mind those either!

I'm worried about the Florida game though.

Big Dave I'll cheer on the Tide with you. I grew up in IN but I have many family members that live in AL. I still have a collection of memorabilia that was sent to me in 1992 after the Tide rolled over Gino Torretta and the Miami Hurricanes. I have extended family that is split between Auburn Tigers and the Tide. Those fans are rabid! I still can't fathom why they didn't get a NFL franchise, maybe they were afraid they could never overcome the popularity of the college game.

I'm glad they never did get an NFL franchise. That would water down the great college football that is played down there.

I'm glad to know there are a couple more cheering for the Tide around here but I feel that I am in the vast minority. Noone is giving Bama a chance against Florida.

Oh well. It will make it all the more sweet when Bama rolls over them! Don't underestimate the power of the Saban!

Florida can be beaten. And if there's a team anywhere that can do it, it's Bama. In the SEC, no game is a gimme. I think Bama will win this one, but it's going to be a heck of a game.

I'll be pulling for Bama. As a Husker fan, I can not root for any team from the state of Florida.

Alright BigDave, make your prediction...what's the score going to be?

I think I will go with.....................

Florida 31, Bama 34.

Tide pulls out a squeaker by kicking a FG with no time remaining or in OT.

Probably won't even be close but that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

I'm not complaining mind you, because this is what makes SEC football(at least in my mind) the best most exciting conference in college football, but if Bama were in the big 10 or some other conference the suspense would be all over already and Alabama would be playing for the National Title against Florida. As it stands now, 1 of these great teams will have to get beat and will probably move down a few spots in the polls. Too bad because in my eyes this should be the national title game.

Originally Posted By: so haaad
Alright BigDave, make your prediction...what's the score going to be?

I think I will go with.....................

Florida 31, Bama 34.

Tide pulls out a squeaker by kicking a FG with no time remaining or in OT.

Probably won't even be close but that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

Well at least I was on with Florida's score but I was a little off there on Bama's score.

Oh well, there's always next year frown

They both played well, Flordia and tebow just seemed to want it a bit more. They played without their best running back/reciever and they still ran the offense without seeming to miss a beat. I can't wait for Florida/Oklahoma on Jan 8. I should be a great game.

Florida 48 - Ok 41